Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I think online synth reviews are getting worse.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean like the MPN Gearlab?

No. I'm going to be brutally honest. Gear Lab has 4 reviews since February. That does not cut it. And while the people doing the reviews are talented and thorough, the forum format of reviews is not going to draw people in. It would be a great supplement, but we are in an age of video. YouTube is the most searched site on the web, by far. That is where music lab should be. It can take a while to build up a following, but once you have a following YouTube can be a good income source. Can you imagine Craig reviewing a guitar pedal or Dave reviewing a synth, and actually being able to hear what they hear as they try it out?

I did finally find a good Subharmonicon review. This is the competition.

[video:youtube]

I like Nick Batt's Sonic Lab reviews, but this guy also gets into some detail:

[video:youtube]

That guy that does the loopop videos is very thorough. A bit monotone in his delivery though you really have to stop, take a break and go back to it when your attention span wanders. But that was the first place I looked when I bought my MPC One. There are a couple of other really good ones out there. But there are also a lot more bad ones. Some should take a course in public speaking before plastering their incoherent blathering on the internet.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell