Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Mini Vent is for Vocals and Sampled Guitar, and the CaM Rotory effect is very good, so need need for the Vent II.

I always missed that JBL Horn Driver tone, digital Tube Distortion was never enough. They somehow have right amount of distortion and the tone is really close to the recollections of my 147"s.

The Tube and pre amp routings are truly effective.

I"m very pleased but the MIDI Editor is deep as the Grand Canyon, but the options are numerous, far more advanced than I expected.

Carsten and his crew are top shelf guys. Even before Covid-19 they offered to send me one, then send my old HX-3 back so I had no down time.

Now I"ve got a 90 day window.

Unfortunately I bought a WaveState and an AkaI MPC Live to also master by then.

I need therapy.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I bought ten 20ft and ten 25ft mic cables for my driveway jams, and a 15 ft cable snake. And then got it all free for amazon points. Makes the driveway jams easier to 'quarantiine'. Nobody touches anybody else's gear, and when everyone arrives at my place the cables are already run so they just plug their mics and direct boxes in to my cables. More work for me in terms of wiping down at the end, but i'd rather have folks touching one cable, than 8 hands on my mixer or computer. :D
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Cost with return of the old HX-3 was 380 USD.

I think it was a great deal and there"s a better quality of build, sound, control, a very worthy upgrade.

Another 90 bucks for the extended license, haven"t had time to dig into yet, bought it basically because I like supporting those who make me sound good.

Elmer it isn"t a laptop, just my QWERTY on top of the rack.

The top rack is the TC VoiceRack with the TC Microphone option.

I get extra gigs and pay for making vocalists sound polished live.

Been using automated vocal fx since the hardware sequencer days.

Worth the extra effort.

12-A8-EE95-0004-4151-AD31-F99-BA90-E7-C25.jpg

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I'll add two...

The Syntronik 99 library, which I posted about separately, and I upgraded my Steven Slate drum plugin to v5.5.

Both are well worth it.

Todd

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Okay, enough guitars. I got a keyboard. :D

I wanted something to play outside, so I got a Casio SX-P1000. I'm actually pretty pleasantly surprised by the sound and feel of this bad boy....and it works with six AA batteries...and you can connect via Blue Tooth and play back tunes through it...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Our big band has gone virtual and I'm doing the audio mixing. I took advantage of Wave's sale and bought a bunch of of their plugins for Cubase (I use Elements).

Paid for (40% off):

- The Power Pack Bundle (C1 Compressor, DeEsser, Doubler, IR Convolution Reverb, L1 Ultramaximizer, Q10 EQ, Renaissance Axx, S1 Stereo Imager, SuperTap delay and TrueVerb)

- Audio Track to use as a channel strip

- Vitamin Enhancer

Got for free:

- VU Meter

- PAZ Spectrum Analyzer

I also picked up the free Tokyo Dawn Nova dynamic EQ. I've been looking for a cheap/free multi-band compressor and this suits quite nicely.

Signed up for a virtual Steinberg WaveLab training session so I can better understand how to use it. Starts on June 4.

My wife bought a 1-year subscription to the Master Class series, mostly for the cooking stuff. I'm going to take advantage of it to view the Herbie Hancock and Hans Zimmer sessions.

I got a Casio SX-P1000.

A what? :poke::cop::D

it's the left coast version of the PX-S1000. ;)

I'm awake, I swear. :coffee:

Apparently my brain was forever scarred by working for Kurzweil when they had the PX1000, SX1000, etc...and now I can't keep this model number straight. :facepalm:

In other news, because I appear to be on a bit of a buying spree (combined with the fact that I really liked Dr. Metlay's review), there is now a Hydrasynth heading to my house.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

tuner (for my sax)

Just my 2 cents. In the last 4 years I've had several Snarks and somehow they either break or disappear.

In that same time period, I've had one Boss TU-10 clip on tuner and it works perfectly every time.

I'll never buy another Snark, I did find a factory refurb Boss TU-10 on ebay for $15 so now I have two. Both work great but one is none and two is one.

If you are careful, hopefully the Snark will last you for a while.

Edited to add - the Boss tuner changes the display lighting automatically. It is easy to see in a dark room, a moderately lit room and in bright sunlight. That is pretty awesome. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

tuner (for my sax)

Just my 2 cents. In the last 4 years I've had several Snarks and somehow they either break or disappear.

In that same time period, I've had one Boss TU-10 clip on tuner and it works perfectly every time.

I'll never buy another Snark, I did find a factory refurb Boss TU-10 on ebay for $15 so now I have two. Both work great but one is none and two is one.

If you are careful, hopefully the Snark will last you for a while.

well, it was 12 or 13 bucks. I've played sax for ... more years than I care to mention ... and never had a tuner to check intonation. First time I tried it, I discovered that my ear is pretty good â most notes are right on pitch. And I can bend notes up and down to see them go sharp and flat in the tuner. Cool. I know I have a tendency to play sharp in the upper register so this will help me get back on track and I can pull the mouthpiece out a little to get better control of intonation. Worth the very small investment.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Y'know, it's funny...I have no Strat lust. Can't explain it.

dB

Well, play a TA version...!

Actually, I was in the same camp for a very long time, but I found myself wanting the position 2/4 sounds, then the clean neck single coil. Also the Jeff Beck influence....

Okay, that's three. :D:duck:

x9McVmz.jpg

This one is really knocking me out. What a sound...P90s, baby... :rocker:

dB

Is that the gray one or the blue one that looks gray? Great guitars.

Everybody needs a Strat but you should build your own out of parts.

Everybody needs a Silvertone Danelectro from the 50s or 60s too.

Oh, and I just bought a bone saddle blank 1/8" so I can install a K&K Pro Mini in my Rainsong. I hate the Baggs pickup it came with, harsh and the B string is really loud.

1078.thumb.jpg.be9e3ff4e066dc5c56dde437ffe5b8a3.jpg

1079.thumb.jpg.504f6d215b89f5e7c261549b7e82e17c.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Found this nice suprise on the porch when I got home from work ... it may be a late night :)

0zT8zg3.jpg

Manny

People assume timbre is a strict progression of input to harmonics, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timbrally-wimbrally... stuff