Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dexibell Vivo SX7 piano module

A mojo or DMC 73/76 with the Gemini Module built in; I've been waiting for that f**cking thing to be produced for 6 months, that would be the ticket for me. Electro 5 is a possibility but there are just some things about it that I don't particularly care for. That is why the Dexi J7 might be the ticket; but the EP's don't sound right to me, nor the piano, nor the leslie for that matter. I would like to play one and really tested it out. The Gemini module really spoiled me from a sound perspective. If I could just get one in a 73/76 key package...... GUIDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when you look for a 1 or 2 board solution, there is always some kind of compromise, especially if those 2 boards need to wear multiple hats. Doing a piano/clone rig wouldn't be too hard, you buy the one you like from each category. When you need more than just those base sounds, then the options increase and the tradeoffs increase. I've been real happy with my FA08/E5d combo, but both lack in areas while they are standout in others. They also complement each other well. If a piano/organ gig was all I did, meaning, I didn't need the synth capabilities of the FA, then I could realistically get by with the E5 and a nice weighted controller midi'd to it to trigger the pianos, while having the E5 keyboard to play organ from.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

If we're talking about a 2-board rig for "mostly piano and organ but with a few extras," I'm extremely happy with the Grandstage/Mojo 61 combo. The lead synths, pads, strings and basses on the Grandstage sound really good, and while they're not super tweakable, there's enough variety in the presets to cover my needs. The EPs and Clavs in both boards are first rate, which makes the rig really flexible despite the Mojo being monotimbral. I can, for example, use the Mojo Wurli while doing a lead/bass split on the Grandstage for one tune, and then the next tune switch to the Grandstage Wurli while playing organ on the Mojo and neither makes me wish I was playing the other.

• 2 years later...
Is there a possibility to change e.g. drive amount, delay time or tremolo speed of FX-A or FX-B assigning that to a knob (CC controller) in external MIDI controller? Also switching on and off the FX-A and B? Or just menu-diving in module? Hopefully there is a data entry knob.

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7