Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New KC Compilation • Quarantunes project

Did you ask Sound Cloud Support? :idk:

dB

I did submit a ticket. I received an email with this reply

'Thanks for reaching out to SoundCloud.

We're trying our best to get back to you as soon as possible.

However, at the moment we're receiving a larger than usual number of contacts so it can take us a bit longer, unfortunately.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience......'

It will be interesting to see which arrives first: The vaccine or their reply.....

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

So......after a surprisingly short wait (only about 1/2 a day) soundcloud did get back to me and did try to help. After a certain amount of discussion they concluded my problems are most probably (but not definitely) caused by.....

http://images2.minutemediacdn.com/image/upload/c_crop,h_1576,w_2800,x_0,y_52/f_auto,q_auto,w_1100/v1554931909/shape/mentalfloss/20997-istock-471531747.jpg

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Submission sent. ;)

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Anybody else still working on a submission? :idk:

Still working on the submission. Writing done. Sketch done. Layering parts now. Mixing next. You gave us a ton of time. I understand completely if the train has left the station.... :thu:

Hi Dave,

I just went and took a listen to the Soundcloud version of the track I sent you. It seems something weird is happening with the hi hats, like a bitcrushing effect/aliasing. The file I sent was 24-bit 44.1; do I need to re send it with something different?

Also I didn't realize the comment I had in the email was going to be the description. :blush: I should come up with something a little better for that! I'll probably give a more thorough explanation of what's what here once Comp. 2 is all finished.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Hi Dave,

I just went and took a listen to the Soundcloud version of the track I sent you. It seems something weird is happening with the hi hats, like a bitcrushing effect/aliasing. The file I sent was 24-bit 44.1; do I need to re send it with something different?

Not sure, Max - I don't know what's causing it. Those setting should be fine, I would think...

Your guess is as good as mine. Anything you wanna try sending me, I'll post. It takes seconds.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

While reading through Soundcloud's recommendations after finally signing up for my own account a couple of weeks ago, I noticed they recommend avoiding peaks any higher than -1.0 dBFS and maybe -1.3 dBFS to play it extra-safe, to avoid strange things (resulting in distortion and clipping and even phase issues) happening during various transcoding phases that Soundcloud performs.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 3 weeks later...

"WP-Covid_remix" received from Steve Nathan and posted.

This volume is now 80 minutes, and I don't think we're waiting on any other submissions...so I think this one is now finished. Thanks to all who contributed!

If no one else wants to do art work, I'll just modify the one we're using as a temp.

dB

The YouTube link is the highest quality audio and video that exists, so go nuts!
Dave, if you haven't already included Josh's "submission," I will rip the audio from YouTube so it can have a place of honor among the 80 minute volume.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

On the cover I didn't want to be a 'hog' and do the second one as I'm sure there's many others with graphic skills much better than mine, and I think the current one is great anyways :thu:

Honored to be included in this! Pretty remarkable expression of the diversity and breadth of this little corner of the internet. Some mighty fine playing/composing, with something for everyone.

Re-listened to volume 1 too and I have to say we have some real talent hanging out here! Thanks for letting me be a part.

:keys::rawk::keys2::clap::2thu:

It's a sincere honor to have you join us, brother Steve! :wave:

I really enjoyed compiling and listening to these - thanks to all of you for being kind enough to share your music! The composition, playing, recording and mixing skills on display in these is delightful and inspiring. :cool:

I deeply appreciate the enthusiasm and support bringing the KC Comps back to life. You guys rock. :)

dB

Thanks, Dave!

V2 is still a playlist. I'm waiting for Sam to rip Josh's track for me - I don't know how to do that from a YouTube video - then I'l add that and convert it to an album and we'll be done.

dB

It's funny you ask that as I needed to take some audio off some YT vids yesterday - this is what I used but it only outputs MP3s....