Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

USA Fender, Gibson, Taylor, Martin etc. under $100.

Under $100., free shipping and a hardshell case. Can't be the real deal but for the price I'm thinking why not get one and see what it's like. I had trouble loading this site, so may or may not be able to get it.

https://www.jhonlinsiteo.com

I haven't been able to get the site, but I got there googling Gibson Melody Maker and and found one for $98. and got to the site that way. If you go to catalog you find what they have.

Corrected web address it should work now.

Jenny S.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Safari can't find the server"

Not a good sign. If they are offering fraudulent guitars as stupid prices, what assurance do you have that they won't just fail to deliver anything?

I've bought quite a few actual guitars on craigslist - Squiers and Epiphones - for under $50. Sometimes they are "not working". I've yet to get one that wasn't a super simple fix.

I've bought a few in the 20 dollar range, including a really nice Samick bass that was just dirty. with no other issues. You could trade a bass like that for a decent guitar.

By far the most common problem, nearly 100% of the failures - somebody tried to tighten the output jack from the outside with pliers and twisted one or both of the wires off. 10 minute fix if you take your time, less if you just get it done. I've fixed dozens of those, set up the guitars and sold them again for $60-80.

The biggest difference is that these are REAL guitars that I see, touch and buy.

I wish you luck but I would pass on that site entirely. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Exactly. I either do thiings in person or with known entities who provide protection like Reverb, eBay or a known music vendor like Elderly Instruments or Sweetwater.

You won't get $100 Gibsons that way but you will get what you pay for.

Until they closed during the pandemic I've had stupid good luck with thrift stores. It's completely random, if I went often I would amazing stuff at crazy prices.

I figure that's gotta be legit, no criminal is going to donate their stolen goods to the thrift store.

Sometimes I flip the thrift store items to raise enough money to buy something else. More than one way to skin a cat! Cheers, Kuru

Another Guitar buddy encountered this same scam on Facebook. It costs little or nothing to put up a website with photo of Guitars you've clipped from other websites, and start taking money from people, which seems to be the case here; people place orders and get nothing . . . By the time you're contacting your credit card company, it's too late, and your chances of recovering your money are nil.

No one is selling Fender & Gibson Guitars for those prices, not even wholesalers. OTOH, I've seen sites like this where you can even choose what logo you get on the headstock!?!?! Anyone wants a genuine Fender Byrdland, step right up!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I buy legitimate cheapo guitars from established businesses, Never a single one of them were labeled; USA Fender, Gibson, Taylor, Martin, however if I saw someone selling a guitar labeled like that for fifty bucks I would automatically know it is a scam. Don't be a fool and go for an OBVIOUS scam.

Besides the price the biggest give away is no contact information. I always want at least 2 of the following: an email address, a phone number and a physical address. They have none of the above.

Those are all essential points. Even though this thread has sort of gone off the rails a bit I think you've kept it solid.

I also like to see good feedback on eBay or Reverb or a universally outstanding reputation like Elderly or Sweetwater.

In person on craigslist, if somebody seems skeevy or does not have something that they should have, I suspect theft. I don't deal in "hot" items.

People trying to sell cameras without batteries or chargers comes to mind but there are plenty of music gear examples too.

Yeah, it's all a pita but so is somebody commiting fraud. I think your points are all very good. I'm afraid some on here have taken your post to mean you are promoting the link.

I've had that happen too, somebody says "Oh look, Kuru mentions this thing, he must like it."

Hmmm... maybe I don't? Cheers, Kuru