Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help Needed from a Web Guru: Korg Software Pass Installer

Hey all,

I think it's fantastic that Korg continues to support and improve their plugins for so many years and it's great that they've done the Korg Collection 2. I've owned the Wavestation and M1 since their inception in the early 2000's (and I'm the original owner of a hardware Wavestation circa 1990 with the EX add-on board).

Unfortunately their new installer is giving me hell, and Korg hasn't responded to my inquiry. I'm trying to be sympathetic given the pandemic, etc. But I do need some help, and if you happen to be a web programmer or just software savvy, I'll take any suggestions.

My DAW is running Win 7 64bit with all of the latest patches (along with the latest Windows Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge for Win7). One Korg page suggests that Win 10 is required, but I saw another that suggested Win 7 is supported (and I can't imagine there would be a limitation with Win 7 given the similarities in the O/S). But let's consider that a possibility... I do run Win 10 on my leisure laptop and I don't get the same errors. I hope Win 10 isn't an absolute requirement, as there's no way in hell I'm rolling my entire system. I don't take on those changes but every 8-10 years (if possible). It's just too much downtime to do it right.

If you've used their installer before, it's clearly a web browser-based program or app. When I start it up, I get the familiar splash screen:

Login-Screen.jpg

After I login, I get this screen, and I proceed to hit "OK"...

Korg-ID-Screen.jpg

And that's when I get this error...

After-Clicking-OK.jpg

What I should see looks like this:

What-I-should-see.jpg

That's how you register products, download the software, etc.

I've searched the web for others with the same issue and saw some mention of Cookie management (and while some of my screenshots show version 1.0.0.29, I updated to version 1.0.0.30 with no improvements). But no matter what I do with my browsers or settings, I can't seem to get this to work.

Hopefully there is a solution, as rolling my O/S wouldn't be remotely practical right now.

If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was working fine for me a couple weeks ago on win10.

I started it today to verify if it's just you.

It starts up ok and prompts me to upgrade.

Then it tells me I don't have internet, which I do, and I can't do anything more.

The whole program seems flaky at best. I think only korg can fix this.

hang out with me at woody piano shack

Did you update the installer to the latest version?

Yep. I"m running 1.0.0.30. Unfortunately I"m having more issues with that version than 1.0.0.29, but either way, I can"t get to the download/registration page.

I don"t even want to think what it would take to roll my system. I would probably just have to forgo these plugins (or use the the old KLC versions) and move on. I"m running Cubase 6.5 and Wavelab 7, so I would have to update all my DAW software too. Not to mention re-downloading and re-registering countless plugins.

No thanks... In 2 or 3 years I"ll buy all-new hardware and update everything.

Sundown

I'll give Korg a call next week. They haven't replied to my email, and it doesn't look like they have a user forum.

I really, really hope I can get this to work with Win7. My Father's Day want is the Triton plugin, and that's a non-starter without an installer.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Todd

Sundown

Can"t you just log in to korg id and download the installers manually?

https://id.korg.com/users/registered-products

I hadn"t even heard of this 'korg software pass' until people started mentioning what a problem it is.

No, I don"t think I can. My recent purchases don"t show as a Registered Products, and I don"t see any options to add license keys to my profile.

Sundown

The error window inside the installer window looks like Internet Explorer. What is your default browser? Maybe try changing default browser to Chrome or Edge?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The error window inside the installer window looks like Internet Explorer. What is your default browser? Maybe try changing default browser to Chrome or Edge?

Yep. Unfortunately I"ve tried that Dan. I"m going to continue to try different things.

Sundown

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

So I finally got my KC2 Wavestation and M1 installed yesterday. It was not easy. Keep in mind I'm running Win7 which isn't officially supported anymore.

If I had to repeat the process, I'm not sure I could. The plugins run great (no compatibility issues), but I don't want to breathe on the installer for fear of losing them.

I used my leisure laptop (Win10) to download the executables and I relied partially on offline activation by emailing Korg. I say partially because I still got a lot of errors in the authorization manager and I had to hook-up an ethernet cable to complete the process. Since their installation manager is essentially a customized IE browser window, I just used different combinations of refresh and 'go back' whenever I got an error, and eventually the registration just stuck.

It's fantastic that Korg has continued to support these instruments (and the resizable windows and updated GUIs are appreciated, along with a few patch fixes that make the presets closer to the originals), but I'd love to see them change the copy protection. I know iLoks have a bad reputation in some circles, but I've never had issues with them and they are used by several manufacturers. I'll take an iLok scheme any day over the Software Pass Installer.

I'm not sure I'll gamble $250 on Triton with Win7, but I might ask Korg for their opinion. It's a drool-worthy plugin but not enough for me to consider rolling my system. If I can get it to work with a couple of hours of fiddling, then I'll do it.

Todd

Sundown