Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great Mojo 61 Leslie Sim EDIT

Markus Waibel in the Facebook Mojo User group posted his Leslie setting edits a while back. He stopped using his Vent after he came up with these edits and I can hear why. They are very different than what I had dialed in and different than the factory settings which I never cared for. I just dialed Markus's in and wow! It's like a whole new rotary. The whole Mojo 61 sound is like all of the sudden fatter and more analog sounding, I highly recommend it. It sounds great with the MT A100. I only use Slow and Stopped rotary, so I am not sure how I like the Fast settings, but I think they are maybe better too.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Image 1 and 2

1022.thumb.jpg.4c31d2edc18b03187f539f435a6fb604.jpg

1023.thumb.jpg.4f1d528dbbc55c3905747b66ef2af86f.jpg

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Image 3

1024.thumb.jpg.0216f50cba9901b6bde1bbfea49e1f71.jpg

I dialed them into my Mojo 61. Slow and Stopped are fat, it's like a got the update from Crumar that I have been craving: a better rotary sim. These edits do it for me, very satisfied now. You'll have to try it yourself.

I don't have a clonewheel except for the one in my NS2. It would be great to hear audio samples of before vs after.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

I used the standard 6.666 instead for Fast Horn. I set both the Bass slow and fast to the lowest possible settings because I'm playing split bass. The image 2 and 3 settings I posted above radically changed my mic placements, tube drive, cabinet, ambience settings and could be what makes me like it.

It's ALLLLL about the "Tube Feedback" setting. That slider right there is GOLD. I hated VB3 for rock organs for years until I discovered that one. The distortion just doesn't get that raw growl and grind until you turn that up. Adjusting that setting launched the VB3 engine from a B- to an A+ in my book. the rest of the controls are to taste, but "Tube Feedback" is a total game changer.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

It's ALLLLL about the "Tube Feedback" setting. That slider right there is GOLD. I hated VB3 for rock organs for years until I discovered that one. The distortion just doesn't get that raw growl and grind until you turn that up. Adjusting that setting launched the VB3 engine from a B- to an A+ in my book. the rest of the controls are to taste, but "Tube Feedback" is a total game changer.

And the settings for Ambience, Cabinet and Bass Port are all much higher than the 'standard' settings. Sounds good on my monitors but the real test is playing it live.

Think the mics have moved a lot too.

It would be nice if any of the Mojo owners, who has performed this Leslie settings edit, could post a soundclip for us non-Mojo owners to hear?

That might turn some from non-Mojo to own-Mojo! :thu:

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

It would be nice if any of the Mojo owners, who has performed this Leslie settings edit, could post a soundclip for us non-Mojo owners to hear?

That might turn some from non-Mojo to own-Mojo! :thu:

Would also, for me, determine if I should spend time changing my settings to the new settings only to find out I don't really like them, then I have to revert back.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

This is similar to how I had it dialed in, except opening up the bass port gives it even more heft. I hadn't tried that yet, so this was a good find.

For headphone practicing, I find B3X controlled from the Mojo to be more inspiring. The basic tone is warmer, deeper, more authentic, and the leslie is better than the (excellent) Mojo leslie. When I A-B the two through phones, I always end up with the B3X.

The Mojo 61 will still be fine for playing live, with less hassle and more reliability. Would be interesting to A-B the two in a live setting, but doubt it's worth the trouble for me.

Interesting how it's impossible to post about a Hammond clone without comparing it to at least one other. it's a sickness.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

My Rhodes settings are for the Default e. Piano

All settings at 64 EXCEPT

Hammer Hardness: 68

Metallic: 68

Bite and Bark: 20

Pickup Offset 70

Pedal Noise 00

And the settings for Ambience, Cabinet and Bass Port are all much higher than the 'standard' settings. Sounds good on my monitors but the real test is playing it live.

This may be, and I'd have to look at my settings first (I've tweaked them to death). But for me that Tube Feedback gives it a specially sauce above and beyond these other settings which are all fairly standard. The quality of the distortion just changes very drastically and dynamically. Mostly I wanted to point this one out because the others are fairly self-explanatory and on most B3 clones. Tube Feedback is an easy one to miss and does wondrous things.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

How would you describe the quality of the Crumar Tube Feedback and it's main Drive knob control? More like Hammond console tube feedback or Leslie power tube feedback? Authentic and warm? Fizzy ? what?

Does anyone else get a pronounced low frequency hum thru the outputs (you can hear while not playing) the more the tube feedback and drive are increased? To me, the tube frequency increase is nice in what it does to the warmth of the drive but it comes at a cost of increased noise. I think it almost needs a noise gate?

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

Have you tried to lower the value of the "Noises" slider?

I think it controls the level of variuos mechanical noises: the relay switches end so on. Not sure if it influences the hum too

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

Does anyone else get a pronounced low frequency hum thru the outputs (you can hear while not playing) the more the tube feedback and drive are increased? To me, the tube frequency increase is nice in what it does to the warmth of the drive but it comes at a cost of increased noise. I think it almost needs a noise gate?

Yes, I do too. I liked what the Feedback did, but it made the notes "smack" unnaturally due to the hum burst. I have to turn it down more than I want to.

Moe

---

Perhaps Mr. Guido could reduce the hum effect of Tube Feedback in an update.

What do you find to be an ideal level for the Tube Feedback parameter? I don't remember what the default setting was.

• 8 months later...
Any chance you could post these edits? I'm a member of the facebook group but I can't seem to find the post you are referring to.I've used VB3 for years and I love the Leslie sim. But I was very disappointed when I got my Mojo. Doesn't seem the same at all. Slow Leslie is way too subtle. Almost sounds like no Leslie at all.

I am not privy to the settings currently. They made the rotary more centered and subtle and boosted the tube drive

".. Slow Leslie is way too subtle. Almost sounds like no Leslie at all .."

Try moving the mic distance closer, this should increase the intensity that you are missing and giving more 'presence' to the effect.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Makes one wonder if the model of what the case and rotating horn aren"t the main part of what makes the Vent sound so good. Perhaps they did a better job on modeling the tube amp and speaker reproduction than others have. In which case - how does the Korg Vox Continental fair when driving the analog tube circuit? Is it before or after the rotary simulation in the signal path?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I tried to get a Mojo editing thread going since I just got a module but some of my haters had other ideas.

Will check these settings.

This ought to get the haters riled up. Having a bit of a time getting bass out of the module. Have gone to 666000000 drawbars setting to help make bass come out more.

CV pretty good but I MO not miles beyond a legend Live as some have stated. Upper register Ab a bit warbly on all samples....most other tones fine.

Also not a believer in" editing at home". I like to have access to at least organ tone editing on the gig. So module is best for me in this regard.