Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Instagram Live Friday 8pm EST
#3045180 05/21/20 05:09 PM
Gold Member
OP Offline
Gold Member
My band Noon Fifteen had a local club show on the books for this Friday, which (obviously) isn't happening. We were going to split the bill with a regional touring artist, Alex Cano, who I know from college -- a sort of 70s rock and 90s grunge influenced singer/songwriter.

Instead of the gig, we're streaming live on Instagram (@noonfifteen), and taking advantage of the feature that lets you invite other users to the session. My wife and I have done a few duo livestreams, but we're looking forward to this, as we'll be going round-robin style with Alex, as well as our bassist (and one of the primary songwriters in our band), Harry Nichols, all taking turns doing songs.

Still not the same as playing a club with your friends, but I'm looking forward to a less isolated version of it. Tune in if you're free this Friday evening!

Samuel B. Lupowitz
Composer. Arranger. Musician. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.
1 member likes this: CowboyNQ
KC Island
Re: Instagram Live Friday 8pm EST
SamuelBLupowitz #3045231 05/21/20 10:24 PM
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club
cool

One of my favorite bands, Band of Heathens (based in Austin but I found out about them on KC) has been doing a round robin and it works pretty well. All five members sing to some degree, so they trade parts in some songs and accompany themselves. Despite the slight bump at each trading point, it works pretty well. The two leaders Ed and Gordi also will do songs separately.

They call it the Tuesday Night Supper Club and they have even started selling merchandise with that.

The great thing about music is that there's always something to learn. The frustrating thing about music is that there's always something to learn!
Re: Instagram Live Friday 8pm EST
SamuelBLupowitz #3045594 05/24/20 06:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can highly recommend Sam and Noon Fifteen as a really good Insta follow.

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara 

Link Copied to Clipboard