Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Best musical endings to a movie.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite in terms of cinematogrpahy is the very final scene in Godfather 2 with Michael, sitting alone in the chair outside of the Tahoe estate and Nino Rota's End Title comes on.

For me, an emotional tie to close out the story of 1 and 2. (same with the very end of G-Father 3)

Skip ahead to about 4:10

[video:youtube]

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Nice movies! Here's one of my favorites ... a cliff hanger.

Pretty sure James Caan got a lot of money to come back and film that scene.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I recall thinking at the time that Madonna"s 'Live To Tell' was perfect at the end of 'At Close Range.'

If I can broaden this discussion out, there are some outstanding and unexpected choices being made on some series I"ve been watching, such as a brilliant insertion & edit point of CSNY"s 'Carry On' at the end of Netflix's 'Messiah' E3(?).

Here for the gear.

Not a movie, but a TV series... The finale of Breaking Bad. Using one of the greatest pop songs ever written... Pete Ham (RIP)... A perfect ending for a perfect TV series. When I first watched this and heard that guitar intro, I literally jumped up out of my chair and yelled: 'YEAH!!! Perfect!'

***SPOILER ALERT***

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Another good one from a terrific movie soundtrack

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYmQ-WRMFE

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

From the same franchise... the best Opening Scene song!

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67TuUwghqE

Not sure if it counts as 100% musical, but LOTR - Return Of the King. It still tears me up, even though I've seen it soooo many times!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Maybe I'm partial to this one because I was both a huge Pixies fan already, and also loved this movie - so was thrilled to hear the Pixies at the end of the movie...but it's also a great fit. Where is My Mind at the end of Fight Club.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.