Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How/Where to sell old sheet music or method books

Hello folks,

As the title says...I have a lot of old sheet music; various genres...as well as old method books for jazz piano and classical collections.

Is there even a market for this stuff? I didn't post it yet on Garage Sale because I'm not exactly sure if that's even the appropriate place...or what the going rate is for old sheet music etc.

Any suggestions are welcome... just cleaning house and would rather see people put this stuff to good use,

(If the moderators think it's cool to post this on Garage Sale, I will move it there.)

Tom

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten a lot of my sheet music from estate sales etc. Average price is $.25/song, unless it's something highly desirable and rare. If it's a whole random box someone's getting rid of, usually it's like $5-10 or something like that (and sometimes I've paid that and found absolutely nothing of value). Those prices are from people who still play as well, it's not just "clueless non-musicians". Old sheet music doesn't have as much value as one might think.

Maybe sort it out by genre and time period. You mentioned books and collections - check Half Price Books and Ebay (maybe Reverb) for prices. Same rules as above apply; old obsolete beginner piano books are about worthless, a rare classical harpsichord book might be above $50.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

If by chance you have a copy of Uriah Heeps 'Anthology' in good condition, I would happily give you the equivalent of $25 for it, and pay the postage to the U.K. Been after that for years.
Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!