Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rick Wakeman, Christmas 2020 Tour announced

I have just had an eMail from a venue that we often go to offering pre-release tickets to see Rick Wakeman"s Even Grumpier Old Christmas Show in December 2020.

Rick is great to see in Concert, apart from being the keyboard maestro that he is the guy is a great stand up comedian.

He must know things about the Coronavirus pandemic that we do not and they must be confident that life will be back to normal by December.

Me, I am not sure life will be back to normal by then.

Col

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, I am not sure life will be back to normal by then.

If you mean by "normal" what life was before the pandemic, you can be sure. Were I you, I would hold on to my money. Agree about RW in concert, saw him twice in September 2019, when things were "normal".

:nopity:

I half expect Rick Wakeman to socially distance by performing on a platform full of keyboards that hovers in the atmosphere. That I'd pay to see. Whether indoor concerts are happening in December... perhaps he's planning a festive outdoor performance for the holiday season, eh? :wink: Lord knows I've played local "winter festivals" outdoors in 20 degree weather... my Motion Sound really didn't like that.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

It would be great to think that this could go ahead - the tour includes a gig about 30 miles from me.

As for 'back to normal'......listening to all the hoohah about kids going back to school on the news here, I can"t say I"m over confident of that!

......Whether indoor concerts are happening in December... perhaps he's planning a festive outdoor performance for the holiday season, eh? :wink: Lord knows I've played local "winter festivals" outdoors in 20 degree weather... my Motion Sound really didn't like that.

I wouldn"t mind 20 here in the UK in December - Celsius that is of course! - Fahrenheit (about -6 C) not quite so keen!

I can see how your rotary wouldn"t have been overly happy being that cold! Lol!

Rick is great to see in Concert, apart from being the keyboard maestro that he is the guy is a great stand up comedian.

Agreed. I caught last year's show in Harrisburg. Glad I went - a fun night out.

We can only hope for normalcy.

Steve Coscia