Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Livestream on FB

I need a capable mixer with 8-12 inputs and four or more a headphone AUX sends which can each get its own mix, with the Main output into an iPhone. Any ideas?

Hammond C3, Leslie 122, Steinway B, Wurlitzer 200A, Rhodes 73,

D6 Clav

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure for that many aux sends. Maybe something like a Soundcraft Signature MTK board. Otherwise I use a Yamaha MG10XU, but that only has one aux send. Maybe look at digital options.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

The new Zoom mixers are supposedly optimized for this and have built-in headphone distribution, but I don't know how customized the individual headphone feeds can be -- possibly not at all, just individual level settings.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Another vote for the digital XR18 option. I now have two of them, one for gigs and an emergency backup. The XR18 (vs XR16) also makes a fantastic front-end for your DAW.
If they could only do 96k I'd get one (or maybe an X32 Producer) as a studio interface in a heartbeat. Even though I'm happy to record at 48k a lot of the time, too many other folks I know track at 96k for me to feel set with an interface that doesn't work at that rate at all. It's a killer live mixer.

Should point out that while it does have six customizable aux outs, they are XLR outs; there's only one phone output. When my band got one and switched to in-ears, we all needed to get the P2 in-ear amplifiers.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Another vote for the digital XR18 option. I now have two of them, one for gigs and an emergency backup. The XR18 (vs XR16) also makes a fantastic front-end for your DAW.
If they could only do 96k I'd get one (or maybe an X32 Producer) as a studio interface in a heartbeat. Even though I'm happy to record at 48k a lot of the time, too many other folks I know track at 96k for me to feel set with an interface that doesn't work at that rate at all. It's a killer live mixer.

Should point out that while it does have six customizable aux outs, they are XLR outs; there's only one phone output. When my band got one and switched to in-ears, we all needed to get the P2 in-ear amplifiers.

Yeah, for my bar band stuff 48k is way more than enough. The XR18 is $600 here in the US, I got mine for $450 each by calling around. Smokin' deal.

The $40 for each P2 wasn't a deal killer for anyone. Lots of folks going through the IEM learning curve, pay your money for the nice ride. I let them try mine. BTW, not all of my band is doing IEMs -- but most of them are.

If we just could convince the drummer :)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"