Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Damn Outkaster, that's quite a find!

It was strange. I didn't expect to get the Leslie 3300 and road case. My original intent was to get the Hammond XK5 only. I knew the seller had it but when I went down there he asked if I would take the rig if I paid a little more. Apparently the rig came from a show band in Las Vegas that disbanded. It was a back up rig so I expect they had a lot of money. He paid $300 to have it all shipped to Western NY. He had to retire due to health reasons from gigging. I told him the rig would be cared for. This always happens to me, as soon as I don't look stuff seems to show up. When I am searching for gear it seems like nothings out there.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I just picked up IK Multimedia's DCO-X, which is a Roland Super JX-like plugin (though it's based on samples of the instrument as opposed to software modeling). It runs in SampleTank 4 CS or Syntronik Free. It was only 50 bucks, and for that price it was worth it.

I also picked up the latest edition of Fabfilter's Equalizer (Pro Q3). Still the most useful and educational EQ one can find in software... Very well executed.

Todd

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

iZotope VocalSynth 2. On sale for $49, so I could justify it a little more than at $199. I'm sure it will be useful for my more modern-type tracks I want to do in the future.

vs2-all-modules-on.png

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Zoom U-22. Dinky little 1-in 2-out audio interface, USB-powered for laptops, but also 5v DC or 2xAA batteries for iPhone. I paid £55 which is probably $55 (US)+sales tax, and it's all I need for solo/lockdown recording.

I was eyeing the U-44 enviously, but when am I seriously going to need 4 channels and a MIDI interface? Not saying others wouldn't need it, but these days I'm laying down piano/EP, clonewheel and BVs, maybe some melodica or ukelele for my band's lockdown collabs. I don't need to mic a drumkit or a choir.

I really like that the DC in is a micro-USB, rather than a proprietary PSU which could get damaged/lost and difficult to replace. I wish the headphone socket was 1/4in not 1/8in, but let that be the worst of my worries.

Cheers Mike.

Ion Pathfinder Charger

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/1608589/414426927.jpg

I saw this on a recent trip to B.J"s Wholesale Club and decided to take a chance on it since for the foreseeable future my outdoor concerts will be limited to my patio. Rather than drag my QSC's or Yorkville amps outside I thought this would work well, since it is iPX5 category waterproof and contains a rechargeable battery.

It contains a 100 watt power amp, and drives an 8" woofer and a 1" tweeter. Dimensions are roughly 19"X19"X11", and weighs about 28 lbs. A small pair of caster wheels are mounted on the back edge and a pull up handle helps to drag it over smooth surfaces, but with it's weight being so minimal it's easy to two hand carry.

Some silly stuff is included like a Clock/Alarm function, a jazzy lightbar that can "pulse" to the music or be turned off, and a cheezy mic and 1/4" cable is also in the box. It can charge Qi compatible devices using the top plate and there is a 5 volt USB port for traditional charging. Bluetooth range is stated at 100' and an AM/FM radio with 5 presets is inside.

After letting the battery charge up to full on the indicator (which took about 5 hours) I ran my iPad mini 5 and IK Multimedia' B3X through it using a simple 3.5mm mini cable. While it's not going to win any sound pressure level awards, the tone was pretty accurate and it did not distort at reasonable levels. I then turned on the Bass Boost feature and that returned a fuller and deeper sound, again without honking or distorting. I then used a 1/4" adapter and ran it into the mic input which has it's own independent volume pot and got a louder sound. I then tried a Bluetooth connection and found that sound to be equal to the 3.5mm direct.

I wouldn't set it down in a puddle, but the waterproof rating and the heavy rubber covers over the charging and audio ports indicate that an occasional splash wouldn't kill this device.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/1608589/414426926.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL96/792815/1608589/414426928.jpg

Overall I am pleased with my return on investment. B.J.'s has it on sale for $20.00 USD off , so for about $120.00 I should get a lot of enjoyment out of it. And if the time comes when I'm playing live music again, a wedding ceremony on a beach, or an outdoor cocktail hour would be easily accomplished. The build is quite sturdy and it's not offensive in basic black - as long as I leave the light bar off.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Grandmother Moog! Nice to have you join us.

1014.thumb.jpg.dbe276605ca1d0a514faa2b6be066300.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

TCL 43S425 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD TV

Bought it for use as a monitor in my music room (new hobby: multitrack recording with XR-18 and Reaper).

I'm not connecting it to cable nor the Internet; just HDMI input from my laptop.

Interestingly, it costs less than a 4K monitor (even a small one).

And if it doesn't work out, I can repurpose it as a TV.

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/TV_1.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Added the AkaI MPC Live, and the Mini Vent II.

Awaiting the new HX-3.5.

Still trying to learn the Wavestate, but I"m tearing my rigs apart with all this time off.

5-F56-CB6-B-AA4-D-4781-9-C3-E-2-EC66-EC7333-C.jpg

F2-D11062-C9-E0-43-A3-BCEF-3-ABBE71-F5-E07.jpg

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Yeah I had zero communication and almost no tracking information from them for about a month. But my stuff arrived in good shape so all things considered it was worth the wait.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments