Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammonds in Scandinavia

Hi,

I moved to Sweden recently, and would like to get a console Hammond organ. I want a tonewheel organ with a full pedalboard. I don't want to spend the huge sums B3s are going for, and would be happy even with one of the E series. There's an E series for sale in a neighboring, non-Scandinavian country. I'd have to find some way of getting it safely packed before even thinking about shipping it, though. Not impossible, but I thought I might find something closer to home by asking here. Does anyone here know of any place other than vend.se or blocket.se (both Swedish sites) to look for Hammonds?

If I can't find anything, I'm thinking I might just get a GSi DMC-122 and a MIDI pedalboard, although 25 key MIDI pedalboards almost cost as much as the DMC-122. It's seems crazy to me that I could probably get the E series (with shipping included) for almost as much as a MIDI pedalboard...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There really aren't the same number of Hammond organs floating Europe, and especially Scandinavia, as there are in the States. So considering that, how much I'm willing to spend, and the other things I'm looking for (mentioned in my original post), I don't have many options.

If you wind up going the digital route, you could keep an eye out for something like this:

CLONK

Those DIY pedalboard projects are a lot cheaper than Nord and their ilk's full-size pedalboards.

Thanks for the link. I've been mulling over a DIY MIDI pedalboard project.

You may want to research those Jared Gold pedals. I have no experience personally, but some players I"ve had contact with are not thrilled with his support or assembly quality.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

You might be thinking of the Concert Model E. Don't know about Europe but in the USA these are often sold for a few hundred dollars or given away . The Concert Model E has a full 32-note AGO pedal board. There are several features on the E not found on later model Hammonds. No Foldback on the Keyboards so low notes go all the way down. Second set of tonewheels for Chorus tuned slightly different from the main tonewheel generator similar to Musette reeds in an accordion. Pedals can play all drawbar tones not just 16' and 8'. Rather than reverse colored Preset Keys there are buttons and pistons to the left of each manual used for selecting Presets. Has two Swell pedals and Pistons above the pedal board.

HammondConcertE.jpg

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

You might be thinking of the Concert Model E. Don't know about Europe but in the USA these are often sold for a few hundred dollars or given away . The Concert Model E has a full 32-note AGO pedal board. There are several features on the E not found on later model Hammonds. No Foldback on the Keyboards so low notes go all the way down. Second set of tonewheels for Chorus tuned slightly different from the main tonewheel generator similar to Musette reeds in an accordion. Pedals can play all drawbar tones not just 16' and 8'. Rather than reverse colored Preset Keys there are buttons and pistons to the right of each manual used for selecting Presets. Has two Swell pedals and Pistons above the pedal board.

HammondConcertE.jpg

No one is just giving those away. They are super rare and worth more than a few hundred dollars. My buddy had one in the shop. The problem comes with the restoration with them. My buddy Joe did a great restore on one of these:

The E series is a lot later.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com