Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[video:youtube]

Any idea what that is starting the tune and underneath most of the rest of it?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Sounds fairly Moog-y, no?

That's what I thought, but I don't know synths very well. You guys are who I turn to in matters like this.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Nostalgic this morning for some good old rock with Bee Bumble and the Stingers. Even though the video of people doing the Lindy Hop still not the same time period it fits. FWIW.. Leon Russell sometimes would go and gig billed as Bee Bumble and the Stingers to make some money.
the dancing in this is off the hook.. I wish the video was clearer

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

I"m checking out a lot of Steve Eaton recently. I love his jazzy/bluesy recordings mixed with his tunes that employ a lot of jazz harmony techniques. His biggest hit was a tune called 'All You Get From Love Is A Love Song' that the Carpenters later recorded.

Welcome back, Kenny! Long time no⦠see? Post? I hope you're well.

Join us in the online hang on Friday if you can!

While I never listen to music while at work (since I can't do two things at once if one of them is listening to music), I often get earworms. Currently it's Hall and Oats. Adult Education.

I have no idea why. Don't ask.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

• 3 weeks later...
Listening to one of my favorite times in Rock what I just called Funky Rock here's Lowell George with the cream of the crop of studio cats. So sad we lost Lowell too soon.

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums by one of my favorite musicians.

RIP, Lowell.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

• 3 weeks later...
Just watched the Charlie Daniels Volunteer Jam from 2018 on AXS. Lots of fun... Chuck Leavell played piano/B3 as part of the "house band," supporting many of the performers, and even sang a verse on Blue Sky. As a huge bonus, the keyboards were mixed so you could actually hear them most of the time!