Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Antoine Baril - One Man Yes

Brilliant! I would love to know how much time he spent learning all those instruments - and how he was able to find all that time!! Presumably he learns 10x faster than normal mortals....
  • Like 1
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

! ! ! WOW ! ! !

I will have to watch more of it later...

But I'll have to skip that part with the Leslie cabinet all ablaze -- My eyes! My eyes!

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Watching him open with a song from Talk, reminded me that Trevor Rabin was sometimes the most interesting keyboard player in Yes.

I had the same thought. I don't think I've ever seen that part played either, and for some reason seeing it also made me appreciate more what Trevor Rabin was doing there. It sounds sequenced on the album, but still....

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit."

I saw them on the Talk tour and for this song, they brought out a keyboard for Trevor and he played the part live to start the song out. For the rest of the song it's sequenced and Tony Kaye covers the other keyboard parts.
Korg SV2, Nord Electro 5D, Gigperformer/lots of VSTs

Antoine is one talented MoFo. Really enjoyed that video - awe inspiring. Love his (and Trevor"s) guitar tone over Steve"s. All monster players, but Mr. Howe can crack your eyeballs sometimes. Treble galore.

'Talk' is almost the forgotten Yes album. I like it a lot. When I joined Spotify, they didn"t even it in the Yes catalog. A bazillion live albums, but no Talk.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

• 2 years later...

A friend of mine just turned me on to him and the first thing I watched was the One Man Genesis video. Part of what I was amazed by was the arrangement of the medley. Since Genesis (and prog rock in general) has all those movements, I didn't always remember when he was switching songs or playing different movements. The dude is amazing. There's a video on his channel called "My Journey with the Musical Box" or something like that I'll need to watch. I wonder if he has crossed paths with brother @Ian Benhamou

Here's the Genesis one for your enjoyment. The next time my wife says I don't need any more gear I'm going to show her this. ;) 

• Like 1

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"I wonder if he has crossed paths with brother @Ian Benhamou"

Well, they are both in The Musical Box.  I saw them on tour last year

Bobby

Kurzweil Forte 7, Studiologic SL73 with Mainstage, Ibanez basses, Numerous Guitars, Presonus StudioOne 5

Honestly, I didn't expect much. Then I started watching. He earned a point or two for starting with Firebird Suite. Well, okay, maybe I'll watch for a minute or two. Then he starts in playing and I said to myself...well, maybe a few more minutes. And the more he played, the more I extended the time limit that I was willing to allot.

Okay, it's official. That guy is scary good. Really scary.

Thanks for the link.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.