Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Little Richard RIP

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The passing of a great musician at 87 is not a loss, it's an opportunity to celebrate their life and work.

My feeling is, someone makes it to 87, give them a spiritual high five and say "great job, I hope I make it that far."

Hard to imagine how rock music would have developed without Little Richard.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Rest In Peace Little Richard.

Would we have had David Bowie, Prince, Lady GaGa or even Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band without Little Richard?

A true rock pioneer and a great singer, thanks for the music!!!!

Paul McCartney was hugely influenced by Little Richard as well. listen to the early Beatles albums. They covered Long Tall Sally for one...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The passing of a great musician at 87 is not a loss, it's an opportunity to celebrate their life and work.

My feeling is, someone makes it to 87, give them a spiritual high five and say "great job, I hope I make it that far."

Hard to imagine how rock music would have developed without Little Richard.

:rocker::yeahthat::keynana:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

We all should stand and give one last standing ovation and celebrate the life of Little Richard and thanks for all the music he left us with.

I only got to see him once live and I think he did every song in G and the bass player played the same bass line on every tune. But it was Little Richard and a hell of a lot of energy and fun night. Thank you Richard!

My wife and I were listening to him today and she commented that he's really the first rock 'n' roll singer... it's hard to disagree. There was Chuck, and Fats, and Elvis, but I can't think of anyone else who was doing the high screamy stuff in rock 'n' roll before Richard. He's the forebear of Paul McCartney, and Robert Plant, and so many others!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I've read so many obits by now, each one presenting a completely different facet of him as an artist, human being, and influencer. But the part that surprised me the most was to learn, or perhaps be reminded, that he was the one who gave The Beatles their first touring opportunity, as they opened for him on his UK tour. And then in 1963 he apparently helped the Rolling Stones salvage a sagging tour of their own. He also gave McCartney lessons on how to sing like he does, and I think maybe some rhythm guitar hints for his style as well.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Judging by the above video it sounds like Otis owes a lot to his ballad delivery ( sounds like the Stax horn section too.)

Just last year I bought a LR vinyl - i don't think there was one rocker on the whole album - mostly gospel n ballads. The LP was from the nineties but in the cover shot he looked so good - could have passed for a thirty year old. No one else could look as cool as Little Richard in a sequined cape!

RIP (it up!)