Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

My way of maximizing space was to take a K&M Table stand (Stage 3) and make a shelf with a lip so I get fit more gear on the 2nd tier. The synth stack is another K&M table stand with an Omega 2 tier, and 3 homemade shelves again to maximize space.

904.thumb.jpg.61c6e158f50f2c585770a89c5b33cd0f.jpg

905.thumb.jpg.724c89783136f4f8650c765d852be6a9.jpg

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• 2 weeks later...
Still haven"t figured out that Beatles tune, eh?

Ob-La-Di? No, I have it...that book is always open to the last tune I checked. Was curious what the sheet music thought the opening chords were. I believe I disagree with what's written there, specifically in the left hand.

dB, from this upstairs angle it looks like you have to crawl under the piano to enter.

Nah - see below.

The trick is turning my body the right way, facing the Korg/Kurz. Conveniently, my posterior fits/passes easily right over the appropriately shaped curve on the side of the piano.

13YBLjh.jpg

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

My K2661 is missing from this photo.

963.thumb.jpg.f6067d7c49617f0433c73fe4719bd3cb.jpg

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

If I were you I'd find a better spot for that keyboard on the ground :D

:laugh:

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

I thought that was a pedalboard for someone with really tiny feet.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

dB, are all your keyboards running into a mixer (that little one on the Seven)? Do you have mics in/on the piano generally, or not at all?

Very soon, I'll have a place in the house to set up all of my boards for the first time in my life, so just looking for inspiration...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

dB, are all your keyboards running into a mixer (that little one on the Seven)?

Yes. It's a Yamaha M06.

Mono mic in the piano (Soundelux U195) on channel 1.

Mono mic right next to the Leslie (Roswell Mini k87) on channel 2, which I use to put the Leslie sound on either side of my head to add some balance to the sound coming out of the A100's onboard speakers...and also to get distortion when I turn the Hammond up. :cool::D

3/4 is the Kronos and 5/6 is the Forte. I could cascade the Forte into the Kronos' inputs and save two channels on the mixer...but I feel more comfortable with having control over the individual inputs.

The mixer is sending an input to each of the QCSs on either side of the Hammond. The Seven does not go to the mixer - it's patched directly into the second input on each of the QSCs. I did that because I was out of inputs on the mixer. The only alternative was cascading the Forte and Kronos, and I liked this idea more. Once again, better control IMO...

Do you have mics in/on the piano generally, or not at all?

It's necessary when there are other musicians (especially a drummer) in the room; otherwise, I get bruised fingertips from playing too hard in an attempt to be heard.

Frankly, it's really interesting from a sensory POV to have it coming out of the QSCs - wraps it around my head and bounces it off the opposite wall...so the QSC system projects the piano in the opposite direction than the open lid is sending the actual sound, if that makes sense.

I do shelve the low end though - the Soundelux has a rolloff switch.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I thought that was a pedalboard for someone with really tiny feet.

:laugh:

I am a retired public school elementary vocal music teacher that is now pursuing a new career. I am in training to be a film, TV and documentary composer. My rig has undergone many changes in the last five years as I made that transition. It is centered around a KORG OASYS 88, Yamaha Motif ES7, KORG BX-3 attached to a Motion Sound Pro 145 and a new KORG ARP 2600 FS. Along with this are two Mac computers and Glyph hard drives with multitude of sample libraries that I use with Digital Performer 10.11.

www.eclecticstudio.net

I am a retired public school elementary vocal music teacher that is now pursuing a new career. I am in training to be a film, TV and documentary composer. My rig has undergone many changes in the last five years as I made that transition. It is centered around a KORG OASYS 88, Yamaha Motif ES7, KORG BX-3 attached to a Motion Sound Pro 145 and a new KORG ARP 2600 FS. Along with this are two Mac computers and Glyph hard drives with multitude of sample libraries that I use with Digital Performer 10.11.

www.eclecticstudio.net

Jealous. I wouldn't be able to talk my wife into the 2600. I can't even talk her into any of the Odysseys.

www.eclecticstudio.net

Excellent setup!

I wish you good luck to your new career!

This is such a great setup!

What power strip is attached to the leg of your KM stand and how did you get it hooked up? Attaching one like that to mine could be a nice add...

Numa X Piano 73 | Yamaha CP4 | Mojo 61 | Motion Sound KP-612s | Hammond M3

What power strip is attached to the leg of your KM stand and how did you get it hooked up?

Thanks Noah B! It's a steel Globe power bar which I have seen marketed here (Canada) under the Noma brand as well.

I stuck it on with velcro to keep it slipping down and then zip tied it on. I put it on the stand to cut gig setup/teardown time,

but have removed it for now. Here's a closeup of one with a different coloured cable. Cheers Mike

984.thumb.jpg.bc81757307f4458ebe05b27247ce0a35.jpg

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues