Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Enjoying all these videos! Here's a recent one I wrote performed by my band Aethellis, "A Home In Your Thoughts," the first section of a 15 minute piece.

[video:youtube]

And here's the full 15 minute song -

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

This video has many interesting aspects. First it's the first video my origional metal band has done, and there's a reason.

In the current climate, gigs cancelled, we initially still were planning to practice but also abandoned that. So we switched to video. We shot our own individual shots (my daughter shot mine at home with her phone) and sent it to the singer, who made the video.

The song was written and even performed live several times before the virus hit, but the environment felt like the perfect conceptual backdrop. So here it is:

Not the sort of music I'd normally listen to. I typically run when I hear those rhythm guitar riffs. Nevertheless really interesting and well done. You've done a great job integrating keys into a soundscape that is by nature somewhat hostile to it. Here the keys add nicely, hold their own, never detract. The guitar/synth solo section is masterfully done. To my ears that section really elevates the artistry of the song. The lyrics sound like they might be very interesting, but I can only listen to this genre one song a month. Maybe try again in May . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Truth - Shift Infinity Mix

Hi there musiclovers! My last electronic music track was a sound demo of the Alesis Andromeda for which I was a factory sound designer. Corona forced me to spend my time differently. Creating new sounds, discovering new vibes in my music. So I did and recorded this tune 'Truth'. A little light in an unfortunate disaster.

Used toys:

- Drums Aly James Lab VProm 2.0

- Arturia SEM (bass and rhythmic 'guitar')

- Arturia Mini (main riff)

- Arturia Solina (strings eh?)

- Arturia Matrix-12 (pad)

- Arturia Piano V2 (piano)

- Arturia Synclavier V (sweeps and glides)

- Xils 5000 Vocoder

- Toontrack SD Latin Percussion

- Eventide Instant Flanger Mk II

- Acustica Audio Lemon Delay

- PSP EMT 2445 Reverb

- Gran Maestro Italiano (coffee)

The main riff is played on the Arturia Mini. I performed a little trick on it and switched every 16th note to a different waveshape. Like in the Korg Wavestation. Wouldn't dare to do that on my real analogue Minimoog...

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

A little quarantine jam a singer/guitar player friend put together. I used my FP-4 for piano and the Stage 3 for a little pad.
Great piece, Eric. And good to know you're still getting to contribute to some collaborative music. These last couple of weeks, it's been really hard for me to get the motivation up to play very much. I'm hoping that as some of the stresses of the home purchase are dealt with, I'll get a little fire back to make some things.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

My Journey Tribute band, Voyager, did a live stream set last week and it was very therapeutic for us to get back at it, albiet to only a handful of camera, light and sound crew in an otherwise empty soundstage..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5tCV-vc_7o

Voyager, A Tribute to the Music of Journey - http:// www.facebook.com/voyageraz

Keys: Korg KronosX 88, M Audio Code 61, Novation Launchkey, Mainstage, Keyscape, Omnisphere

Thank You very much, I really appreciate it!

The two woices are DIY Dreadbox lil Erebus with Doepfer Spring Reverb. It is extremely limited machine (no amp envelope for example), but sounds nice :-)

The pad is IK Multimedia Syntronik with OBX expansion. Another very limited but nice sounding synth (VSTi)

This was a fun tune to do last week. I've always wanted to take a swing at it, but it's just another one of those songs that's never been called on a gig or that anyone has ever asked me to do. Ivan writes such beautiful melodies and changes.

HIT IT

FM Rhodes - Rhodes Affair

Strings - Spitfire Studio Strings

Bass- minimoog

Drums - Toontrack

This was a fun tune to do last week. I've always wanted to take a swing at it, but it's just another one of those songs that's never been called on a gig or that anyone has ever asked me to do. Ivan writes such beautiful melodies and changes.

HIT IT

FM Rhodes - Rhodes Affair

Strings - Spitfire Studio Strings

Bass- minimoog

Drums - Toontrack

That sounds incredible linwood, the strings in particular are stunning, as are the vocals.

Thanks so much, Dave. I think those strings are the best purchase I've made this year so far. They were on sale a couple months ago for $125! I need to upgrade to the pro version so I can have the extra mics. The basic version has only 1 mic position. Great library and perfect for this type of thing. Glad you enjoyed Noybel's vocal. This isn't an easy one to sing. It's so low and soft and that melody travels though those nice changes.

Linwood that made my day. I really enjoyed that one!

Larry

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

Put down an extra harmony and lifted Robi Botos's ridiculous licks. Certainly not perfect but probably the best full take energy-wise. ð Found out that playing in a horn section is very, very different from playing in a rhythm section.

Back story on this track... this band played the Yardbird Suite here in Edmonton when I was in grade 10 or 11. I was super stoked to go check out an Afro-Cuban funk fusion six-piece band because duhhh, but I was not in the least ready for what was about to happen. I sent Alexis a MySpace message saying I was excited for the show and he responded that it was 'gonna be fun and funky!' and he wasn"t kidding. This was my first introduction to Robi (he shredded this solo on a AX-Synth keytar, smiling the whole time), Rich Brown, KC Roberts, Jeff King, and Adrian Bent, who was on the tour (but Larnell Lewis played on the record"s funk tracks). First time hearing horns with pedals too, I think? Heavy heavy heavy. I still remember walking out of there in a daze. Buy the record, it"s worth it.

(And yes, sorry Joe, Sam, and everyone else on the landscape train. I agree with you, but IGTV and TikTok made the decision for me.)

Put down an extra harmony and lifted Robi Botos's ridiculous licks. Certainly not perfect but probably the best full take energy-wise. ð

Love it! Keeps me active during work :)

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

I've just released an ambient (ish) album called Somewhere Becoming Rain. Inspired by the works of Philip Larkin (he's a poet, if you don't know him, look him up, he's pretty dark though at times :D ), I write all the music, had it mixed and mastered externally (because I suck at that stuff).

Link to the album

The link gives you all the main options but if you're on iHeart Radio, Deezer, Tidal, Google Play, Amazon Music etc it's on there too :) If you like to download your files and would like a copy of the album, PM me and I have some free download codes I'd be happy to use for fellow forumites.

As always, love any feedback or more than happy to answer any questions about it - the back cover I've attached shows the role this forum has played as well :thu:

1007.thumb.jpg.3f2debd0ab68cd31aa3905901d0d0420.jpg

1008.thumb.jpg.e5eeed8e6ec4cde7792a417aa779ac94.jpg