Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drive-in concerts during the pandemic

I have no idea if this has been mentioned here or not, but.....

some European countries have begun holding concerts the way you'd typically watch a drive-in movie. In Denmark tickets sold quickly to watch singer/songwriter Mads Langer perform live as concertgoers watched from their cars and tuned into the performance via an FM frequency.

Full article here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/drive-in-concerts-held-in-denmark-and-lithuania/ar-BB13tNmC

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom just went to drive-in church...

The mind boggles a bit. Though I get that video sucks, I absolutely dread our team meetings ever since the manager requires us to put video on "so we don't forget what each other looks like". I remember quite well enough. I just surf the web the whole time, eyes forward like I'm paying attention, with the zoom video windows out of sight.

Trying to change jobs and did a video interview with a company. Awkward. Nobody looks good on those things, one of the women on the call had her camera looking up under her chin and up her nose. What's really bad about those things is that you can't make eye contact with the virtual people anyway...you have to look right at the camera, which means you aren't looking at the people on the screen. So it ends up being a grid of people looking slightly downward. I'd much, much prefer a phone or voice-only conference.