Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Glow Inside

49806431733_c2695611d4_b.jpg

I Followed The Lights To the Mojave Barn (4904)

~~~~~

Near the top of a rise is an immense barn, rising up out of the Mojave Desert amidst the Joshua Trees and the pines, where the stars shine more brightly. And sometimes, if you are a night photographer and you ask really nicely, you could enter the barn and shoot light out from every crack. I was such a night photographer. Dusty but grinning from ear to ear, I walked through the cavernous two-story structure, throwing out warm beams of light with my faithful ProtoMachines LED2 light painting device while my camera faced the barn and registered all 195 seconds of the exposure in this resultant image.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if it is drafty. You would think so, but even when the wind kicked up a bit, it didn't seem bad.

I almost completely ate it inside, tripping over a floorboard in the dark. Thankfully didn't fall, but there was this enormous thick floorboard that was unexpectedly sticking up and moving, and my foot caught it. I almost fell over while carrying my camera equipment.