Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond B-3X VST PC/Mac - On Sale

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they sure think so. And they went as far as to establish the Hammond relationship and market it.

It's definitely on par with B5 or VB3-II and offers a lot of customizing of sound.

This thread should help, links to sound and video examples, discussion and of course alternatives.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3009663/all/new-b3-vst-from-ik

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Well, they sure think so. And they went as far as to establish the Hammond relationship and market it.

It's definitely on par with B5 or VB3-II and offers a lot of customizing of sound.

This thread should help, links to sound and video examples, discussion and of course alternatives.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3009663/all/new-b3-vst-from-ik

Thank you very much!

And iPad version is on sale too 79.99 GBP.

$79.99 U.S.

The $99.99 "introductory price" has finally expired.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Regular iPad price was supposed to be $299. My guess is they recalibrated based on initial sales and, of course, the new economy.

I agree with Jr Deluxe's assessment -- it's up there with the best, such that choosing among them becomes a matter of taste or splitting hairs.

On my iPad mini it's extremely CPU hungry. Fine when it's played by itself, problematic with other apps running.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I have both the iPad and Mac versions.

My go-to plugin in the studio for Hammond sounds, though I also own VB3 and B5 so go figure...I like them all!

Though, performing live I still manage to use my Electro 5D most of the time.

If I had a gig where I needed lots of super-aggressive sounding Hammond, I'd just MIDI my laptop to the Electro.

Just don't need it for most commercial gigs. (and these days those gigs have evaporated!)

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

I bought it on iPad for $99 and it was well worth it. I had to think about it for a while, but it's a no brainer value for me. For $80 I would definitely get off the fence if I was on it before.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Regular iPad price was supposed to be $299. My guess is they recalibrated based on initial sales and, of course, the new economy.

I agree with Jr Deluxe's assessment -- it's up there with the best, such that choosing among them becomes a matter of taste or splitting hairs.

On my iPad mini it's extremely CPU hungry. Fine when it's played by itself, problematic with other apps running.

I"ve found, having experienced a few CPU problems lately, that a couple of updated AU3 apps are very bloated with extra sounds and features I don"t need, sucking resources and crashing other apps before they can even load. Good news is the designers anticipated this and they can be easily stripped down, which has helped so far.

Just downloaded the iPad version for a no-brainer price of $109 Cdn and will check it out alone & with other apps.

Here for the gear.

• 2 weeks later...
I have VB3, B4II, B5, and some more. However, I wanted to add the "real" Hammond endorsed plugin and finally gave in... I thought I was going to get only the IOS version, but ended up getting the PC/Mac cross-grade. After some Jam Points, it was $79.