Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An elderly hobbit escapes Middle Earth and plays...prog?

Okay, so he's Polish(?), and maybe not from Middle Earth after all (no guarantees there), but I'm liking some of what I'm hearing. I'm still searching through some of the other things he's done, but these two I like very much. Others...not so much. He seems to be rather eclectic, to say the least.

His name is Józef Skrzek and he totes around a rather battered Minimoog that dates back to the Third Age of Middle Earth, combining it with pretty much anything that's got keys, and some things that don't. He plays harmonica in one video, while simultaneously playing grand piano with his left hand--not your ordinary combination. The two links above are more along the lines of standard prog.

I've got to move on to other things, but I think I'm going to spend some time this evening checking out this guy's catalog.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys make the videos show up that way? All I see is a button for adding a link, then it gives you a place to add a title.

Grey, on the full editor, you should see a button that looks like a little blue square (see attached image).

That gives you an option to embed a video from YouTube (or a few other, shall we say, less contemporary sources).

948.png.558e6bad1119369a25c7d22f15be7224.png

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

That video with the Moog and organ is great . . . it makes me appreciate the ways in which organ "synthesis" and analog synthesis are similar (combining simple waves to get different timbres). The organ and Minimoog compliment each other very well.

"Insert Media Tag," eh?

Okay...I'll give it a whirl. This one sounds somewhat Pink Floyd-ish to me:

Grey

I listened to this at 5:30am with my first cup of coffee. There is imagery in this tune. Nice way to kick off today.

Steve Coscia