Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line6 FBV Express Mk II and POD HD question

Hi, guys -

Does anyone here try to use these two products together? They don't seem to work very well - the FBV will change the POD's programs...but nothing else seems to work.

Both are current with all updates, and the FBV Express does what it'a supposed to with my Spider. Checked both product's manuals, set the POD to it's special FBV EXPRESS mode ...nothing changes. :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing!

1. Contact Line 6 support and ask them?

2. Enter the two products, add the words "problem" and "forum" - do a search and see if anybody else has figured it out.

I've solved all sorts of problems adding "forum" to a search, from fixing a car to audio stuffs.

Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have a first generation Pod and know it won't work - has to be the next gen POD XT.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I found this by adding "compatibility" to "Line6 FBV Express Mk II and POD HD" -

NOT compatible with Ax212, Flextone I, II or HD, POD® Pro, Bass POD®, Bass POD® Pro and Spider 1, POD HD Series, Lowdown, AMPLIFi series, ... **FBV Express MKII is only compatible with POD 2.0 units with pedal jacks labelled "FBV Pedal." It is not compatible with older units which have pedal jacks labelled simply "Pedal."Sep 27, 2016

This info seems at odds with the thought that your unit has an FBV Express Mode? Digging further into the Line 6 site, it DOES show that the FBV Express MkII should work with the POD HD series. One exception seems to be the early POD HD (Bean)?

I have to agree with previous Forum members, this may require going into the Line 6 User Forums, to see what others have done. Good Luck!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I found out what the problem is. The Express MkII does have limited functionality with the POD HD. Time for an FBV 3, I think.

Why is a new piece of gear so often the answer? :idk::facepalm:

dB

Because Munnies!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

@Dave Bryce - Sorry you ran into this issue. One of the things I look for in any piece of new gear, or newly-purchased used gear, is backwards compatibility with gear I already have. If it doesn't play well with others, I probably don't want it.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

@Dave Bryce - Sorry you ran into this issue. One of the things I look for in any piece of new gear, or newly-purchased used gear, is backwards compatibility with gear I already have. If it doesn't play well with others, I probably don't want it.

I hear ya, and am totally with you.

Luckily, I also have a Spider III, and the Express works perfectly with that. I actually bought the Express to mainly control the Spider...but it turns out that my wife has an easier time listening to me play through the POD than the Spider - something about the punch and presence of the amp combined with my lame-ass playing - so I tried moving the Express also...but without the volume control/wah, it's not as much fun. :idk:

I'm actually psyched to get the FBV 3 - it'll give me way more control over both the Spider and POD HD than the Express. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: