Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC3LE7 - Still Worth it in 2020?

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's still a great keyboard because I still own my PC3. But I saw one of these LE7's come up on my local classified, and I have always been looking for an easier option to take a PC3 out for playing music.

(I just read that they weight the same though!? What the heck, I guess it's not really an "LE" is it!? heh heh...)

- Is there any point to owning this PC3LE7 alongside my PC3? Will it be more manageable to take places? My PC3 feels so large that I have left playing out duties to a Nord Electro 5.

- It seems I recall one of the Kurz keyboards was prone to glitchiness, or poor build quailties...was this the model?

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the PC3 then you'll know what the LE sounds like (although a little less firepower in the FX department).

I couldn't get on with the keybed in the LE6/7, but if you can tolerate it, could be a good buy.

What PC3 do you have - is it the 76? (PC7LE is approx the same size/weight).

Cheers, Mike.

"..I have always been looking for an easier option to take a PC3 out for playing music.."

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement. What sort of characteristics make for an easier option?

PC3 is on the left, PC3LE7 is on the right. The PC3 appears to be smaller and lighter from the specs..

I've read many times regarding this issue with the PC3LE series. It doesn't occur on the PC3 series.

938.jpg.883e20fd4610069ed5d33e81b33147b9.jpg

939.jpg.43dc9ef3924b6da8d501f990acd7a504.jpg

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

In my opinion, if what you want is a something lighter to take to gigs... the PC4 and the SP6, depending on your price range, are way lighter and do that job perfectly. You can load your PC3X programs in any of them + having way more newer sounds.

Regards,

Fran

just got the PC4 and like it so far (as gig replacement for my PC1x) .. had the SP6 for a bit, but not quite "giggable" for me since I needed the setup/multi zone controls, etc like my PC1x

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

Thanks for all the replies!

[i wrote that question at 5am and just now got home from work... :)]

I own the PC3 (76 key) and I automatically assumed that an "LE" (Light edition?) would mean a smaller and lighter keyboard. I guess that's wrong...My gosh, it appears my PC3 is actually smaller!? Thanks so much for pointing this out, I want to spend money on another Kurzweil product, and I was hoping I'd be able to find a more portable keyboard.

The PC4 looks great, but I never see them in Canada. For some reason they are not very well represented here in Ontario at least...I will be shocked if I actually ever see a PC4.

(**...and yes, that start up issue is what I recall reading about the PCLE series. Pretty much means it's a no-go for me)

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

Kurzweil stopped using the words, but their original announcement was PC3 Limited Edition, which I took to mean with less price and less features. My church rig is a PC2 and PC3; my shop/studio has a PC3X, and I have a PC361 with case that I can carry around. Also have a Hammond SK1 and case. I'm 78 now, and don't really carry them around any more (I remember carrying the PC3X for a recital when studying piano).

Unless I have to have more capability, I carry either a 37 key or 61 key MIDI controller, an iPad/iPhone, power, MIDI, and audio wiring; and (unless I'm sure I'll have amplification at the venue) a K10.

Hipogrito is one of Kurzweil's sound design/software people. If you want to stay with Kurzweil, the SP6 or PC4 recommended would be good choices (Disclaimer, I haven't personally seen/played either).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Kurzweil stopped using the words, but their original announcement was PC3 Limited Edition, which I took to mean with less price and less features. My church rig is a PC2 and PC3; my shop/studio has a PC3X, and I have a PC361 with case that I can carry around. Also have a Hammond SK1 and case. I'm 78 now, and don't really carry them around any more (I remember carrying the PC3X for a recital when studying piano).

Unless I have to have more capability, I carry either a 37 key or 61 key MIDI controller, an iPad/iPhone, power, MIDI, and audio wiring; and (unless I'm sure I'll have amplification at the venue) a K10.

Hipogrito is one of Kurzweil's sound design/software people. If you want to stay with Kurzweil, the SP6 or PC4 recommended would be good choices (Disclaimer, I haven't personally seen/played either).

Hey Moody hope you're well man!

When I was at Kurz we used "LE" to mean "light edition". That's what the board is. If anything said "limited" it was against the wishes of the design team. (Not that this would necessarily rule it out from happening!)

Unless the price is insanely low, I would skip it the LE. It's over 10 years old now.

Hipogrito is Kurz's head of software dept, and pretty much the best guy ever. They should build a statue of that guy.

Hipogrito is Kurz's head of software dept, and pretty much the best guy ever. They should build a statue of that guy.

If he can get the hardware folks to build a PC4-76 semi-weighted, he'll get an entire wing in the hall of fame!

Here for the gear.

Give us a PC4-61 and a PC4-76...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

I'm going to do screenshots of some of these posts.... you know, just to keep the receipts.

Regards,

Fran

ps.- Dave is always too kind.

I've got a PC4, but you can put me down for a PC4-61 too if you guys do one. Screenshot this post if you want to hold me to it. :laugh: