Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An interesting artist

I came across this guy while looking at Eurorack videos on YouTube. Colin Benders is Dutch and that's apparently his real name. Very appropriate for a synth freak, although he is also an accomplished trumpet and flugelhorn player and has also released material under the monicker Kyteman. Anyway, thought some of you might dig at least one of these...

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha nice. Colin Benders. He is a really good trumpet/flugelhorn player indeed. His Kyteman orchestra was really known here, one of the top national acts, selling out big shows. They even collaborated with Snarky puppy I think. He suddenly left that (really good gig) behind to get into the world of Modular synthesis, which is quite a brave decision I think.

Thanks for sharing this Aidan.

Rudy

Loved the beautiful flugel horn/orchestral performances. With few exceptions my reaction to the modular stuff is the same as always; cool sounds but too repetitive and doesn't go anywhere musically imo. Sounds are great for pulling me in but I need more in order to stay.

As I've said numerous times modular is way more fun to do than to just listen to. Thanks for sharing.

I have seen him then he was a young trumpeter with the band Relax, before he was on stage as Kyteman. Was pretty surprised to see him go into electronic music. He has been doing a daily modular broadcast ever since the lockdown here in The Netherlands. Although not always my taste personally, I watched a few of these on YouTube and have to say that he does master the craft and art, as every time bro ga something different within the genre he plays (from techno to ambient).

Much respect for him as he invests much of his time and money in helping other musicians moving forward.

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.