Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How long would you wait?

I could probably be 100 yards away from this guitar player and still hear him clearly. :rolleyes:

Lateny at 100 yards is untenable.

A billion years ago I took my new wireless setup to a friend's house, he had a 160 watt SS Peavey amp with a pair of Black Widow 12" in it. LOUDER than LOUD!!!!

So we turned it up a bit and I started playing and walking down the road. Didn't have to go very far before delay set in.

10'-15' should be no problem.

We are planning a backyard deck on the beach session soon. Just 4 of us and it's a huge deck with access through the side yard.

BYOBFAWEYW Bring your own beverage, food and whatever else you want. We'll be right on the shore of the Salish Sea, a beautiful place with wonderful air.

I am looking forward to it, I miss playing with my brothers in music!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And CEB look after yourself.

Being more of a lurker on here than poster for 15 years both you ....CEB and Joe are contributers on here i often read. Yeah fair dinkum. You hardly know me but i know you guys.

If you think about it you give pleasure and knowledge to more people than the data here shows.

If i was American id say "we're rooting for you"

But if i said that in Australia theyd think it was an orgy.

Hee hee. Ah the colloquialism of words eh!

Hope that gives you a laugh?

Stay positive. And joke/laugh your way thru it. Its helped me thru pneumonia and the more sedate damaged lung years.

This is gonna sound weird but hey i probably am weird but having had this lung problem for 20 years the way i coped with it was to treat it like its your badge of honour.

You know that scar on your face from that motorcycle race you almost won or that missing arm from the great white shark that got you in Bondi when you were competing in the Ironman race. And you still finished.

Find a thing, a joke, a badge of honour to keep in your head. its just another thing you have or can overcome and have a joke to your friends about it and it will strengthen your resolve. I do it. Ive got thru.

Or just read the shite I write and laugh your head off.

Hey i write too much thats why over the years i lurk more than write on here hee hee

Wise words.

Whilst quite a few belittle the state the world is in at present and as we see on our News, quite a growing group want an end to the restrictions there is one thing to remember:-

You are still alive.

Fail to take this seriously and it could bite you in the ass, then what will happen to all your accumulated kit, sold off to pay for your funeral.

Stay safe, take little steps on the road to whatever normality will be in the future.

Enjoy life

Col

I could probably be 100 yards away from this guitar player and still hear him clearly. :rolleyes:

Not if the guitar player usually rushes. It all might come out in the wash! :roll:

Or likewise, if the rest of the band is slow on the draw...

I got a text from the bass player on Friday, "We're jamming tomorrow [saturday], if you want to break the fast" along with a photo of a set list. I told him no, then suggested doing future jams on his patio.

So did they "jam" without you, or not go at all? :idk:

I assume so, since they apparently got together a couple of weeks ago when I last posted about it around 10 April.

Latency at 100 yards is the least of my worries nowadays. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A billion years ago I took my new wireless setup to a friend's house, he had a 160 watt SS Peavey amp with a pair of Black Widow 12" in it. LOUDER than LOUD!!!!

So we turned it up a bit and I started playing and walking down the road. Didn't have to go very far before delay set in.

10'-15' should be no problem.

I gig with a wireless sax mic. Once a night I might stroll out into the audience. Sometimes I've strolled out the door. What I've noticed is that when I do that, I'm instantly out of time with the band. I also get out of time when I don't leave the room but the room is large and I go way out into it. If I get, say, 50 feet away from the band, it all goes to hell pretty quickly. I've learned to stay closer to the band, stay on the dance floor, mingle with the dancers, lie on my back on the dance floor, stunts like that. I've tried to walk out the front door and come in the back while soloing, which got some laughs, but it's just a circus act and the music sucked.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

I was planning a jam in my back yard with everybody at least 8 feet apart, but I think I'm going to cancel. I'm not very comfortable with the idea, I'm at high risk, and the San Francisco Bay Area county health officers are extending the shelter in place stay-at-home orders until the end of May.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

I was planning a jam in my back yard with everybody at least 8 feet apart, but I think I'm going to cancel. I'm not very comfortable with the idea, I'm at high risk, and the San Francisco Bay Area county health officers are extending the shelter in place stay-at-home orders until the end of May.

Be safe, no regrets!

A friend texted me today and offered $40 to meet him nearby at the elder care facility where his Mom resides. He needed a witness to the signing of a document.

I am in a higher risk age group and elder care facilities are very high risk areas.

I declined, told him I only shop for groceries because I must eat - otherwise I am at home getting things done. During previous times I might have just done it for free but nobody has enough money now because there isn't enough.

I really like being alive and healthy!!!!! Cheers, Kuru