Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One world together at home with The Rolling Stones

I watched the One world together at home concert last night. We popped in a half hour late just in time to see the Rolling Stones come on. They started with Mick playing acoustic guitar and singing "You Can't Always Get What You Want" alone, then Keef Popped in on adjacent screen playing acoustic guitar, and doing harmonies. Then Ron Wood popped in on his own screen playing electric, a Strat. Then lastly Charlie Watts came on in his own screen playing drums on all kinds of things but drums. Surprisingly it sounded pretty darn good for a socially distancing band in 4 different homes.

The rest of the show was pretty darn good as well. I do not know what I missed in the first half hour but I thought the show was pretty decent for a freebee.....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Larryz!

I missed the entire thing, one of those rare times when it might be cool to have a TeeVee.

Charlie can pretend drum all he wants, one of my favorite rock drummers so he gets a pass. Ain't no flies on Charlie!

Great tune and they sounded great considering the effort made to go "small" with production values. I think that was the right decision for this event, not too "shiny" or something is lost.

Yes, there is bass and keys. They sounded great too. Hope y'all are safe and well! Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Your welcome Kuru and thanks go out to DBM too for letting us know the show clip was out there! I got a kick out of watching Mick strumming those easy C and F and D chords on the acoustic. Shows how much his voice made the Stones song(s) a hit. I also got a kick out of Charlie's smile when Ronnie took the lead on that Strat coming over his earphones. +1 He was playing virtual drums LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Keith is barely playing anything. Oh well, he's a living legend, he gets a pass on this one.

There isn't much that needs played on that tune and Mick already covered the strum.

Keith is an iconic songwriter as well as a great guitarist in his own right. He wrote Gimme Shelter for one of many, that is a rock and roll masterpiece. 3 major chords and it sounds dark and creepy.

His riffs stand out, you can tell it's Keith every time when you hear one.

Yeah, total pass - one of the greats!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.