Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DAW Remote Control

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think it is possible with Cakewalk by Bandlab (nee: Sonar) that I could assign any key or button on my musical keyboard to start and stop recording (or on another device such as a controller as pictured).

Yeah and it's pretty easy to setup. My trapkat drum controller is not next to my main station. I have a pedal set to the shift function which turns the pads intro remote control pads. I have one each for record, start/stop, go to from time, rewind, go to beginning and the ever important undo... And I'm able to access any of those without putting my sticks down. In a different area, I have a button goiing into the sus pedal input of a controller. That button engages a client talkback Mic, by remote controlling the mute (the Mic is patched thru cakewalk). Useful stuff!

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/