Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

I don't know if this link will work for everyone, but maybe it will if you don't visit the site too often.

Inside the friction between Bill O"Brien, DeAndre Hopkins Some of the same stuff as above, and more. This makes me like BOB less, though DeAndre downplayed the reports and was professional about it. Good on him to move on.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Draft on Thursday! :cool:

I am living in virtual meetings these days so seeing these guys do it will be interesting. I"d be fine if both NYC teams took OL but that would be boring.

In other NFL news, Gronkowski is joining Brady in Tampa. That division will be entertaining, fans or not.

I hope there is a season. The NFL is the greatest unscripted drama ever. Entertainment wise, it"s king. Some of that starts Thursday. :taz:

I hope the Redskins defense gets significantly stronger. Let's see if they follow through in drafting Chase Young. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Wow. The Packers traded up to get QB Jordan Love!

Shades of 2005, when they picked Aaron Rodgers while Brett Favre still had a few good years left in him. Love will have a similar chance to watch one of the all-time greats in action before he gets his shot. I hope history repeats with a favorable outcome but with a smoother transition this time.

Of course for the near future, it's being seen as squandering a first round pick on a backup position. After reaching the NFC Championship last year, Green Bay has a realistic shot at reaching the Super Bowl this year (providing of course that the pandemic will wane and that there will be a 2020 season). A first round receiver could have gone a long way toward providing Rodgers with another solid target.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

As I mentioned in the NBA thread, I've been enjoying good sports video content despite the fact that sports are having a time out due to the pandemic.

Here's a don't miss series for Packers fans, which also may be of interest to those who want to learn more about the early days of the NFL and discover why Green Bay managed to survive the lean times when all other small community teams were weeded out of the league:

Packers Legacy Documentary Series

Here's the first video to get you started:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl82r_fYxt0

Best,

Geoff

I hope the Redskins defense gets significantly stronger. Let's see if they follow through in drafting Chase Young. :cool:

Noooooooooo!

Signed, a Buckeye fan.

Brotha Moe, the Skins drafted another Buckeye. :laugh:

On paper, it looks like my team drafted for the "right" positions. Of course, the proof will have to show up on the field.

I've got a feeling the Skins defense will be better than last year. They should be able to keep the games close.

Unfortunately, I think the offense will struggle between a new OC and a 2nd year QB learning a new system. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I'm still enjoying the Packers Legacy Documentary Series, as a new episode is released each week, one for each decade.

In the most recent episode, I discovered that Green Bay passed on Joe Montana in both the second and third rounds of the 1979 draft. Who was the guy declined to pick the future Hall of Famer? None other than Packers quarterback legend (and then head coach) Bart Starr!

Starr also picked Rich Campbell over Ronnie Lott two years later.

More here:

Packers could have had Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, if only

Best,

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
RIP. I liked her on 'The NFL on CBS.

as did I. :(

I have so many find memories of watching him year after year in the 70s growing up.

We would hike to the local Sunoco gas station to beg for player cards hoping to score a Bob Griese or a Larry Csonka.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

He's 37, probably should retire. Raiders paying him a lot of money on a 1 year contract for someone his age

I recall this was happening with the old L.A. Rams, when they were signing old quarterbacks for one-year deals, Namath, Bartkowski, they all were busts as I can remember.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

• 1 month later...
They need somebody. I hope the rest helped. He is such a dynamic player when he plays well.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

While it's not my money, Cam Newton's deal with the Pats makes very little sense.

Granted Cam's his injury status and not having played in 2 years should be a concern and is the reason for an incentive laden contract, I believe he should have gotten a better deal.

Chase Daniel doesn't have a similar resume by any stretch of the imagination and he got a much better deal with the Lions. :cool:

PD

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW. Yes he does. Also Harmonica and guitar and he sings and does home recording. His girlfriend is a very good cellist.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 2 weeks later...