Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

And for the record, there are lots of rubber chicken music videos where the two notes the chicken can produce have obviously been sampled and re-pitched or otherwise simulated. No such cheating with ours! We met the challenge of finding a song we could play with just those two notes, in real-time! That's right, OUR ridiculous rubber chicken videos have ARTISTIC INTEGRITY!

Josh,

I hope Samsung isn"t coming after you for royalties by using their dryer chime...........

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

It just occurred to me that in addition to the goofy videos I've been making, I could also post something I've done that I'm actually fairly proud of. So here's the livestream I did focusing on James Booker â playing some of his tunes as well as delving a little bit into his style and how he played. Doing another one on Dr. John tomorrow (Saturday).

https://www.facebook.com/josh.paxton.56/videos/10158153515907378/

It just occurred to me that in addition to the goofy videos I've been making, I could also post something I've done that I'm actually fairly proud of. So here's the livestream I did focusing on James Booker â playing some of his tunes as well as delving a little bit into his style and how he played. Doing another one on Dr. John tomorrow (Saturday).

https://www.facebook.com/josh.paxton.56/videos/10158153515907378/

Listening now. Pure gold!

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

And for the record, there are lots of rubber chicken music videos where the two notes the chicken can produce have obviously been sampled and re-pitched or otherwise simulated. No such cheating with ours! We met the challenge of finding a song we could play with just those two notes, in real-time! That's right, OUR ridiculous rubber chicken videos have ARTISTIC INTEGRITY!

What"s that 8 stringed instrument? Is that a Portuguese fado guitar or a mandocello?

It's an Irish bouzouki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_bouzouki

Minor brag: Beth is listed in the Wiki article as one of the instrument's "notable players." We'll see if the rubber chicken video effects her status in the community...

For the rubber chickens,

I noticed with regular rubber chicken videos as well that the chicken is pitch shifted and sampled. You 2 obviously have a lot of talent.

Cool about the Irish bouzouki. I heard it"s similar to the octave mandolin.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I wrote this for my friend and mentor Terence Gowan. I posted this last week but something was missing...Terence always pushed me to go further musically, even if doing so was more challenging technically. In that spirit, the B section now modulates a 1/2 step from C to C# making it a bit more of a technical challenge, while musically giving it that extra lift:

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/6oVTRqXGRA4

This video has many interesting aspects. First it's the first video my origional metal band has done, and there's a reason.

In the current climate, gigs cancelled, we initially still were planning to practice but also abandoned that. So we switched to video. We shot our own individual shots (my daughter shot mine at home with her phone) and sent it to the singer, who made the video.

The song was written and even performed live several times before the virus hit, but the environment felt like the perfect conceptual backdrop. So here it is:

[video:youtube]

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Ps: keyboard solos are towards the end....MFB dominion 1 on the floor of my basement with all the candles from the house, a glass of wine, and an old TV, shot by my 15yr old daughter. In fact she motivated me to clear that part of the basement and set up the shot.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

wicked!! Love the theme, the video...love the interplay between the synth and the guitar. Killer vocals. Nice one Dan!

Nicely done, Dan. Creative integration of good music, cool video and current events.

Thanks guys! You can imagine, I'm sure, how challenging it can be in a 6 piece metal band with 2 soloing guitar players to find space for keys. Been finding my way!

Dan

I play some very subtle piano in this... what a story behind the song. Only available on IGTV, for now... https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_NsPetlOuX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Talvez (Perhaps) written by Cézar Mendes & Tom Veloso (yes, Caetano's son)

Bass & guitar: Dadi Carvalho (Novos Baianos, Marisa Monte, Tribalistas, brother of forumite Mú)

Piano: Me

Video editing: Dora Jobim (Antônio's grand-daughter)

'I wrote this song with Tom Veloso. It had another name, but Djavan heard it and convinced us to change the title, and now it is called 'Talvez (Perhaps).' It was the song that João Gilberto liked the most among my compositions with Tom. Sometimes he would sit on my sofa, and without saying anything, only with a movement of his finger to signal 'repeat it, repeat it," I would sing it 30-40 times with the greatest happiness. He said one day: 'I will produce and direct this song." I responded: 'This song has a destiny â Caetano Veloso and Tom." We have recorded it and I hope to release it one day.'

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

I wrote this for my friend and mentor Terence Gowan. I posted this last week but something was missing...Terence always pushed me to go further musically, even if doing so was more challenging technically. In that spirit, the B section now modulates a 1/2 step from C to C# making it a bit more of a technical challenge, while musically giving it that extra lift:

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/6oVTRqXGRA4

Very nice Mike! I enjoyed this. Also my wife and I saw your band last year in Lucknow ON - really great. Loved your playing. And also I have followed Terence over the years. I remember him as a teenager subbing in at a local gig in the 80's and I loaned him one of my keyboards. He was super nice and very talented! Cheers.

Right on! Thanks for listening...Lucknow was a fun gig! Missing playing live...Terence is the best! Cheers. ð

p.s. the name"s Mike (not John...)

duh I fixed that embarrassing mistake. I bet, these are strange times. Thanks all the best to you as well!