Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Local Studebaker

Only recently did I notice this derelict abandoned Studebaker behind a business just a few blocks from my workplace. So now I will have to shoot it with every camera, and in all the ways I know how.

Nighttime, moonless sky, pale blue and green flashlight. It snowed here twice this week (rare for April!) and some of it is seen here on the hood.

rVqdI3.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Cool image, we called those "Drill Head Cars when I was a kid.

When I first moved up here I was driving on the freeway and I looked over at a parking lot in front of a retail outlet.

It was FULL of restored Studebakers!!!

We have a Studebaker club in Whatcom County. I've been to one of their events, they are seriously obsessed with Studebackers.

At one point the President of the Studebaker club came into a print shop where I was working. I cut them a deal on 50 pairs of Studebacker Club door magnets for their annual Fourth of July parade event.

Printed them, delivered them, I could have been an honorary member.

But, no Studebaker. I probably have some photos around here someplace. Broad daylight with people all over the place, looking at Studebakers. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I did not know that AMC car owners was a thing. Of course, I'm late to Karen memes and other stuff too.

Nice photo!

• 2 months later...

Finally made it back here during the full moon. I'd forgotten about that bright light in the background, which mostly stays hidden behind those trailers on the left but it put a crimp in certain angles I wanted to shoot.

Nighttime, full moon at camera left, pale blue from the Photomachine at camera right.

iA1Afn.jpg