Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer - April 2020 clone

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Did we ever find out which synth this was? We know the UB-XA is on the horizon but it's not that. I thought I saw someone suggesting it was the MemoryMoog, identified by the 2 square buttons over the Pitch and Mod wheels.

Anyway this is what Behringer Synth Co has in their catalogue as of May 2020. Add to that the MonoPoly and the soon to be released Solina and the breakdown is:

Mono Synths = 10

Paraphonic Synths = 2 (for the sake of argument I'm only including synths that produce at least 4 notes, so not the duophonic synths like the Odyssey, Neutron etc.)

Poly synths = 2 (desktop and keyboard variants count as 1)

Vocoder/String machines = 2

Modular systems = 2

(I've probably missed one!) The only original synths are the Deepmind 6/12, Neutron and Crave. The manufacturers that have been cloned to date are: Roland, Moog, Sequential, Octave, Wasp, Korg, ARP

Apart from Oberheim which we know is coming the big omission is Yamaha, No sign of the CS80/DS80 yet. In less than 4 years Behringer have produced a significant range of synths and I haven't included the drum machines.. Most of it is available in Europe although the modular stuff is in short supply.

I think Uli is done with mono synths now. I see the paraphonic synths as a stepping stone to 5 octave polys like the OB-XA, MemoryMoog, Prophet, Jupiter and even the PPG. I think they will use the Poly D/MonoPoly form factor for a few more synths, perhaps a paraphonic Yamaha CS20/40M clone?

Suppose I'll just keep checking their Facebook page.

1055.thumb.png.a9f6800705b0c5fe8d6d1b9956ae78cf.png

1056.thumb.png.c5b68a89909ef4f5a42b8af93e4f42d1.png

It's probably a PPG Wave 2.x clone, the screen is in the right place and there are a column of 3 LED's in the knob section that mirror the original perfectly.
Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e