Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

On the phone with Apple support

I want/need to transfer a few CD's I ripped - from my MacBook Pro via cable to my iPad Pro. I couldn't do it, so called Apple support. They were very nice, polite and patient. But I probably spent almost 3 hours and 3 different support techs. At the end, the guy said he needed to put me on hold for a minute...then I got that dial tone of death and lost the call.

I guess this is maybe a Catelina related thing. I guess I should call them tomorrow morning with the case#. But I hate this sort of drudgery.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have an iCloud account? You could upload the files to iCloud and then they would be available in the Files app on your iPad. If you're trying to get them in the Music app, as long as both devices are logged in you should see them on the second device when they're added to the library on the first device.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Google Play Music is great, I have it on my iPhone and can access it from anything - Windows, Mac, phone. Because it's streaming from the cloud (and you don't need to be connected by wi-fi), you don't lose any storage,

It's going to be replaced soon by YouTube Music, but the ability to upload your own music library will remain free, and they're promising a seamless move for existing Google Play libraries over to YouTube music.

Thanks for the suggestions - each of you (Kuru - I'm going to have to try that transferring app) . I purchased an iPad app (iOS app ?) called AnyTune Pro. It's for slowing down music for listening - I'm thinking possibly for listening to John Coltrane in his last years, or maybe some Keith Jarrett quartet playing in the 70's. Things that go by too fast to discern specifics. I was told by Apple support I'd have to transfer my ripped mp3's via a cable. When I go into the AnyTune Pro app, I'm unable to find a way to access music in my iCloud.

The problem has been that when I get the to the appropriate screen (with USB to USB-C cable connecting the MBP and iPad) and and go the Sync the two (attempting to click and drag the ripped CD) the iPad disappears from the MBP Finder screen. I went thru several tech support people and got escalated up to a higher person.

The last tech support guy I spoke with said this is the first time someone has had this problem. Since I only have this one USB to USB-C cable, he said he's sending me a cable. My MBP is from mid-2015. I have no idea if the cable will fix the problem.

I'm new to the Mac/Apple ecosystem (still have an Android phone and Windows computers). But I'm impressed with the customer support efforts. I purchased this refurb from Mac-Of-All-Trades and bought the 2 year warranty. I'm wondering if this has entitled me to such support efforts.

Strays Dave, year after year Apple has been at or near the top for Consumer Reports and a considerable part of that score is customer service.

I've never had any issues that justified using their services, hard drive died on a 2008 Mac Pro once but it was pretty ancient and well used by that point so no dings.

My prehistoric Mac Powerbook from the early 2000s was still more or less working last year when I took it apart and destroyed the hard drive. It wasn't worth enough money to compromise security and the hard drive was so slow I didn't feel iike dealing with the whole multi-re-write full erase thing so I just killed it. Took a few minutes, kind of fun to see how much stuff they can pack into a tiny box these days!!!

A friend had a MacBook Pro that was out of warranty, she bought it new from Apple. It had some defect and she inquired. They sent her a new one and included a return shipping label so she could put her old one in the box and send it back to them. Pretty impressive CS!

FWIW, I've used LOTS of Windows computers at work and I can get around on them fine. I have always bought Mac at home, the system seems easier to work with for me.

NOT a "Mac vs Windows" guy at all, if I had a Windows machine I'd use it.

Anything that helps you get things done is good. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Thanks for the suggestions - each of you (Kuru - I'm going to have to try that transferring app) . I purchased an iPad app (iOS app ?) called AnyTune Pro. It's for slowing down music for listening - I'm thinking possibly for listening to John Coltrane in his last years, or maybe some Keith Jarrett quartet playing in the 70's. Things that go by too fast to discern specifics. I was told by Apple support I'd have to transfer my ripped mp3's via a cable. When I go into the AnyTune Pro app, I'm unable to find a way to access music in my iCloud.

Anytune Pro is a bit convoluted but you can access your iCloud Files with it!

Top left, tap Songs

Bottom left tap the + (but not the word Edit)

Tap Files Picker and you should be there. It defaults to Recents, but you can switch to Browse and navigate around.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Anytune Pro is a bit convoluted but you can access your iCloud Files with it!

Top left, tap Songs

Bottom left tap the + (but not the word Edit)

Tap Files Picker and you should be there. It defaults to Recents, but you can switch to Browse and navigate around.

Thanks Joe, for your advice. I don't think I'd have stumbled on this without your specifics. I was able on my MBP to drag specific ripped songs to the iCloud and then "pick" the files (songs) to load onto the iPad Pro.

It will be interesting to discover whether the Apple cable that Apple support is sending works also. But yes, your method works. Thanks.