Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Splitter box query

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your Mackie has bal/unbalanced 1/4' outs L and R to go to the monitors. The Rokit G4 5' has a combo XLR/1/4' Jack. So I would get a pair of balanced 1/4' to XLR cables for that connection.

Can you tell us why you want to run the mixer to the Mac? Because I would probably run my Mac to the mixer so the Mac"s output is also heard on the monitors.

On the Mac for recording - I"d pickup a dedicated audio/midi interface for recording from Mic, a synth, Guitar, etc.Then take that devices output and run it to your Mix5 to send to your monitors to hear everything together. Something about $100. A focusrite Scarlette Solo, or Steinberg UR12.

Alternatively you could replace the Mix5 with a mixer that also has USB input/output to/from your Mac.

Mackie ProFX6v3 6-channel Mixer with USB and Effects

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There are some good off the shelf products. When I needed a 16 channel spitter I had it made. That said, high quality transformers are available if you're handy. You can buy the best Jensen transformers and they include schematics for splitters.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

This is to record my main outs into the line input on my MBP, but at the same time I want to monitor into speakers.

At the moment I am utilising headphone output of mix 5 as I"m only monitoring through headphones, so it frees up my main outs to put into MBP.

I can"t use any more resources on my 2010 MBP as it"s running 128buffer on Ableton, Maschine and then recording video/audio via QuickTime movie record. This works great but as it"s also handling a 7 port usb hub, FireWire interface, I can"t get caught up with usb mixers given its age.

Its to capture live performance, which it does very well when I"m using headphones through mixer, but I would like to have the ability to have two sets of main outs available in a 'soft" way - meaning cable or passive splitter box south of my performance setup.

How could I have been so blind.

Thank You

As a side note, I do like Mackies manuals.

'Please remember: Audio meter displays are just tools to help assure you that your levels are 'in the ballpark.' You don"t have to stare at them (unless you want to).

If you find that staring at the meters sends you into a hypnotic trance, please do not be alarmed. Just mow my lawn and polish my car every Tuesday'