Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Collection 2

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I can free upgrade all 5 of those pictured in your collage. :)

(soon as I get home from work)

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Argh, I'm in an endless loop with the password! Using the password from before, it gets rejected, yet it allowed me to log in at the website; just not into the KORG Software Pass program, but this is for Korg ID which is the same thing. I think this is going to be as confusing as the two or three separate logins for Steinberg. If I click "forgot your password?" it instead takes me to "change your password" and rejects the one I had been using, in an endless loop. It has been a few years since I needed to log into their site, and my home address and email have changed since then, with no possibility of access or forwarding to the old ones. I just figured they may have increased security and that my old password may not meet the criteria and thus gets rejected; this happens to me a lot with vendors I don't visit for years at a time.

UPDATE: I managed to bootstrap it somehow, by using a cache of my old password and then re-entering it as the new password to "change" it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Nice interfaces; the MS-20 in particular, as it was illegible before (on any Mac I've ever owned). M1 and PolySix also seem to be a huge visual improvement. MonoPoly and Wavestation were already legible.

Everything launches fine, and very quickly, unlike before. No glitches either. I wonder why the standalone MS-20 app is now put in its own sub-folder? And Odyssey and Triton are kept one level above Legacy.

I thought I remembered Legacy Cell and/or MDE-X effects being dropped at one point (maybe when Apple went 64-bits only?) but both are part of this update as well, and no longer crash when you breathe.

Even if the sound engines are the same (and they were fine already), these GUI improvements and what seem to be related performance stability fixes, are most welcome.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Argh, I'm in an endless loop with the password! Using the password from before, it gets rejected, yet it allowed me to log in at the website; just not into the KORG Software Pass program, but this is for Korg ID which is the same thing. I think this is going to be as confusing as the two or three separate logins for Steinberg. If I click "forgot your password?" it instead takes me to "change your password" and rejects the one I had been using, in an endless loop. It has been a few years since I needed to log into their site, and my home address and email have changed since then, with no possibility of access or forwarding to the old ones. I just figured they may have increased security and that my old password may not meet the criteria and thus gets rejected; this happens to me a lot with vendors I don't visit for years at a time.

UPDATE: I managed to bootstrap it somehow, by using a cache of my old password and then re-entering it as the new password to "change" it.

Glad you got it working. I thought we were done with Korg User Net with the last free update. At that time I did all the "Migration Coupon" transactions. Yet when I went to update yesterday nothing was registered under the new Korg ID tool. Now all my Korg VSTs do show up as registered; I hope it stays that way. It appears Korg User Net is always needed to update the older software and Korg ID is used to register newly purchased software?

Guess it doesn't matter. By the time I need to use either again I won't remember any of this. Even if it's next week. :redwall:

I have the MonoPoly & Wavestation from 3 years back or so, but not the whole Legacy package. I'll look into it for the resizable GUIs, which would be welcome. I've been using mainly Korgs for years, so while the Triton Legacy is tempting- especially for the higher-end Trinity and Orchestral block sounds- I'll have to weigh that against the mass of Autosampled 01W sounds I have. Quite a few are 3rd-party or deep tweaks I created over time. I'd love to sample your Waldorf Wave for a few months, though. :whistle:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

On a side topic, I see that the hardware version of the full-scale MS-20 is now offered in four colours. A hideous Khaki that is a nice colour on its own but doesn't look very nice on a metal and plastic synth. A blue one that looks kind of like the PolySix. Black, and white. No difference in price, which is surprising as usually I find such stuff varies based on demand and/or special order batches for the off-colours.

I haven't checked yet to see if the new MS-20 plug-in has different skins to match. :-)