Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becca Stevens' new album "Wonderbloom." It's poppy but virtuosic, stylistically diverse, and a synth tour de force.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Been digging back into Carly Rae Jepsen's last two records, Dedication and E-mo-tion. Really fantastic synth pop. If all you've heard is "Call Me Maybe", you owe yourself a listen.

Other big quarantine listens have included the Jacksons three records pre-Off The Wall (Destiny, Triumph, Victory), much John Prine, some Leonard Cohen, Bonnie Raitt, and Jean Leloup.

New Fiona Apple.. bit of a departure ..heavy on the percussion. Will take a few listens but I trust it will pay off since I've loved pretty much everything she's done.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Right now, listening to Brazilian producer extraordinaire Daniel Ganjaman (Criolo, Rael, Instituto) spin some roots reggae and dancehall on Instagram Live

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

I debated whether to start a new thread on "Favorite DX7 Centric Pop Songs". (which I still may do).

I always return to Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin "Up from the Dark" as one of the more tasteful Pop compositions of the time.

Henry and James is harmonically very very satisfying to me. It propelled me into chord voicings that stay with me today.

I think I got this from a Keyboard Magazine pull-out vinyl floppy and promptly recorded it to cassette.

[video:youtube]

• Like 1

J  a  z  z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

Nostalgic this morning for some good old rock with Bee Bumble and the Stingers. Even though the video of people doing the Lindy Hop still not the same time period it fits. FWIW.. Leon Russell sometimes would go and gig billed as Bee Bumble and the Stingers to make some money.

Saw this pair way back in the day, first as part of Richard Thompson's band, then as an amazing duo in a tiny basement club in Greenwich Village. Clive Gregson wrote the songs, sings soulfully and plays a mean guitar, Christine Collister sings and breaks my heart. My local library's "Freegal" free MP3 download service had 30 or so new tracks from a 'deluxe edition' of their 'Home & Away' album, got me to start looking for other online performances. Like this one: [video:youtube]

UFO- Strangers in the Night. Man, I love this album! My pick for greatest live album of all time. The way Paul Raymond"s (RIP) keys and rhythm guitar fit so well in the mix alongside Michael Schenker"s lead guitar just does it for me. Raymond and Schenker"s dual Minimoog/Flying V leads in Rock Bottom are a highlight for me.

Cheers,

Canoe

Right now I am listening to our fellow forumite Bruce Cohen new CD entitled Six BC

A nice fusion of Vangelis-like electronica, lo-fi synths and soundscapes

Very nice

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I'm lucky to be locked up with an extensive old family collection of 78s from 1906 to about 1954. I had KAB modify a SL-1200 Mk2 to play at 78rpm, and bought a couple cartridges and needles for the task. I'm digitzing to a MPC 1000 which I bought around new years as hardware sequencer for my little synth collection. I've been at it for about 3 weeks. At least half of the artists I never heard of including the astounding Ted Lewis, who propelled both Jimmy Dorsey and Benny Goodman to fame. Here he is in 1931. He never went hungry. My first instrument was clarinet.

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments.