Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Corona stimulus catch

A lot of people are starting to receive their stimulus money, but many self-employed people haven't received theirs, and been left wondering whether they got passed over. But I did some reading, and I just realized a curious detail. This first round of payments is going out to 2018/2019 filers who have had DIRECT DEPOSIT REFUNDS... think about that for a second. Many of us self-employed people don't receive refunds at all. We pay THEM, with a check/eCheck. That means they don't have our routing info to do DD. The way it sounds, they've got minions flying at 5,000mph, so they're picking off the simplest cases first, which they have all info instantly available and can make the payments electronically. They're going down the list, and those of us who don't typically get refunds (self-employed) will be paid by mail later. When I realized this, there's no possible way I could get a DD from the IRS, they don't have my routing number. It's been reported that all "by-mail" payments will be processed starting in May.

Not sure if this absolutely correct, and I've heard there's a lot of weird exceptions, but I do think this is what is going on.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we"ll hear more soon, or someone can clarify... my wife and I got our direct deposit yesterday, but I"m on university payroll, and my wife still has a retail job when we filed last year, even though she"s since moved to teaching privately full-time. I"m hoping it can be quick and easy for as many folks as possible.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I owed $830 this year. Yesterday 80 million received their cash, I got $830 deducted. You would think they would subtract it from the stimulus and give me the difference but that would be too logical for any government entity.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I owed $830 this year. Yesterday 80 million received their cash, I got $830 deducted. You would think they would subtract it from the stimulus and give me the difference but that would be too logical for any government entity.

The way I understood it, that should NOT have happened.

The IRS does not have our DD information, but Social Security does. We got ours on Monday

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

As a gig worker, I am expecting a check in the mail in mid-May, but no sooner.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

The way I understood it, that should NOT have happened.

The IRS does not have our DD information, but Social Security does. We got ours on Monday

When I did my taxes in February, I set up a one time deduction on April 15th for the amount owed. On April15th at 12:01 AM the IRS deducted it from my checking account. I did expect it, but was hoping they would either give me the difference or also put the stimulus in. That didn't happen. Today I went to the IRS stimulus app to give them my banking info. Because it was suggested to me that they are using direct deposit information and direct deduction may not be where the IRS computers are looking for my banking info.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I'm posting yet another article about all this in my tax thread in Anderton's forum. Meanwhile for your reading pleasure:

Port Hueneme Police Department

April 14 at 6:55 PM ·

PORT HUENEME POLICE DEPARTMENT MAKES INCREDIBLE BUST: TOILET PAPER CAPER ARREST.

This is a true story with a little humor designed to bring a smile and a little laughter.

Here's our cheeky side of the story: The Port Hueneme Police Department refuses to look the other way on this heinous toilet paper caper. What we are about to tell you should make you flush with anger. We need to stop this lawlessness which is bubbling up from the bowels of our criminal underground. But our purpose is two-fold: we need to send a message and show people we are not soft on crime.

On Monday April 13th, 2020 at 3:15 PM, a Port Hueneme Patrol Officer was rolling through the Port City Plaza Shopping Center located in the 800 block of North Ventura Road. As the officer drove by an occupied vehicle in the parking lot, he noticed an open alcoholic container near the front dashboard.

When he made contact with the occupants, all of them were found to be on probation with search terms. During a search of the vehicle, the officers discovered the mother-load in the back seat of the vehicle. Officers located 31 rolls of toilet paper, 31 towels of various sizes, 4 sets of bed sheets and 27 tissue boxes. Further investigation revealed the subjects stole the items from a maid"s cart at a local hotel in Port Hueneme. While they thought they"d make a clean getaway, we did confirm they didn"t leave any skid marks when they fled the crime scene. This was an all-you-can-carry theft; outright toilet paper purloining; the kind of larceny that requires commitment.

We can"t be soft on crime when dealing with these dingle berries who"ll stop at nothing to clog our streets with this type of behavior. Jessica Perez (25) of Oxnard, Stephen Talley, Jr. (25) of Port Hueneme and Tyson Castillo (32) of Oxnard were arrested and charged with violating California Penal Code 484(a) â Petty Theft. All three were on active probation with search terms related to theft and not to possess stolen property.

We"re aware that this isn"t the crime of the century, but it"s a solid #2. While we are trying to protect our public from price gouging and hoarding, it stinks that we have criminals trying to steal precious supplies from our local hotels. These thieves would have inevitably attempted to sell these items on the toiletry-market.

We realize this may have been a tear-able press release butt we were trying to have a little fun so let"s just put this behind us. If you rolled with it and read this entire release, please don"t hesitate to share.

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

When I did my taxes in February, I set up a one time deduction on April 15th for the amount owed. On April15th at 12:01 AM the IRS deducted it from my checking account. I did expect it, but was hoping they would either give me the difference or also put the stimulus in. That didn't happen. Today I went to the IRS stimulus app to give them my banking info. Because it was suggested to me that they are using direct deposit information and direct deduction may not be where the IRS computers are looking for my banking info.

I've been paying my (estimated) taxes to the IRS by direct deduction from a savings account. After the dust has cleared, they often owe me money back. It always comes in the mail by check.