Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

UxlsqF7.jpg

Changed slightly. The stand has changed to a proper 3 tier stand (K&M 18820 plus 2nd and 3rd tier) The mixer has gone, replaced with a 1U line mixer mounted under the top shelf. This leaves space for an Argon8M module - once China get back to making them :(

Roland RD2000, FA07 (soon to be Fantom7), Legend EXP, Peak, Virus Ti2 Desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

There's lots of pics of my recording setup, but these days I'm more into the live rig that's taken over my living room. I call it my PlayPit. :boing::rocker:

My wife is a saint. :)

dB

I'm pretty sure that's called "living the dream!"

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Since I'm not going to be gigging in the near future, I brought my live rig into my office. I need 2 things to complete it.

1. I need a long enough USB cable to reach from the computer tower to the Yamaha MM8 (lower tier)

2. My Yamaha MG10XU board that is currently en-route from Sweetwater. I've currently got my Soundcraft Notepad in that spot.

I already have 2 USB/Printer cables. One to my M-Audio M-Track, and the other was going to my Evolution controller board. But that one is about 3 feet too short to reach the Yamaha MM8

I have a BUNCH of cables in various places, so I might have the needed cable.

Should have it completed by this weekend.

872.thumb.jpg.b1d0512400ea038dec496aa280d12687.jpg

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

...and my wife would kill me, as the living room is immediately adjacent to the dining room where she has been working at home for more than a decade. I get to cram everything into my home office... :taz:

Mva3lUA.jpg

I get to cram everything into my home office. :taz:

Inquiring minds want to know what's going on in this photo!

OK, it hasn't changed much over the past couple of years (other than the new paint and carpet as we strip out all of the "earth tones"): L->R: MacBook Pro, Novation Peak, Moog Minitaur over GEM S3 (76 keys PolyAT!!), over VAX77 (77 keys PolyAT!!), Minimoog D Reissue. That white thing just behind the Mini is an Eventide H9, and the pedal at the foot of the Mini is a Gamechanger Audio PLUS pedal, which allows me to play the Mini pseudo-polyphonically. To the right of all this is my Kiesel Osiris O6X, kept in a humidified case because I live in the desert:

CRjhlyY.jpg

Next to that is a Kemper Profiler (rack version, which I put in a custom case because I didn't like the "toaster" look), which has saved my marriage because it allows me to play with great tone, but thru headphones. The pedal on top of it is a Digitech Mosaic, which is the most uncanny 12-string simulator and not simply an octave doubler. Focusrite Clarett 8Pre interface in the rack underneath; my wife sold my ADAM monitor setup because I didn't move it out of the hallway quickly enough...

Next to that is a Kemper Profiler (rack version, which I put in a custom case because I didn't like the "toaster" look), which has saved my marriage because it allows me to play with great tone, but thru headphones... my wife sold my ADAM monitor setup because I didn't move it out of the hallway quickly enough...

Thanks. If my wife ever sells my Adams the last thing I'll be looking to buy is a Kemper Profiler.

:argue::lolol:

I took care of the cable issue to the MM8. I moved the computer tower to the other side of the TV I'm using as a monitor, so the cable I had would reach. Going to be putting some Hammond it a piece that I'm working on today.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Next to that is a Kemper Profiler (rack version, which I put in a custom case because I didn't like the "toaster" look), which has saved my marriage because it allows me to play with great tone, but thru headphones... my wife sold my ADAM monitor setup because I didn't move it out of the hallway quickly enough...

Thanks. If my wife ever sells my Adams the last thing I'll be looking to buy is a Kemper Profiler.

:argue::lolol:

Yeah, a year or so ago we remodeled the master bathroom, and the contractor saw my ADAMs (S2Rs and a Sub8) and made an offer- and she accepted it as a discount from our negotiated price. I will replace them eventually (unfortunately with something with a smaller footprint, because of space issues) but for now it is headphones. :duck:

The Kemper Profiler is the greatest thing since they electrified guitars a century ago. Truly an amazing device.

Just giving you shit Marshall (as usual :D ). Glad to see you posting as I believe its been a while. I imagine you've been reassigned and doing all kinds of medical related stuff you never envisioned. Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Stay well!

...and my wife would kill me, as the living room is immediately adjacent to the dining room where she has been working at home for more than a decade. I get to cram everything into my home office... :taz:

Mva3lUA.jpg

That's a cool little blue metal stand there. Looks like it's on it's side.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I'm busier than ever these days since I have a 6 year old child, but I get a bit of time at the end of the night to hang out in my music room.

Bet some lovely music is coming from that room.

Agreed. great looking room. :2thu:

:nopity:

Just giving you shit Marshall (as usual :D ). Glad to see you posting as I believe its been a while. I imagine you've been reassigned and doing all kinds of medical related stuff you never envisioned. Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. Stay well!
HA HA!

Since I am in solo practice, I haven't been reassigned anywhere. Been doing some Telemed, and will start doing more urgent cases next week. Besides, I have't practiced general anesthesia since the mid-90's. Have to say I have been pretty much staying off the internet, there has been just too much un-informed opinion and misinformation (including here, sad to say). I get my updates from the local hospital staff system, we aren't doing too badly out west. Funny thing is, lately I have been playing my guitar exclusively and haven't even bothered to turn on my keyboards in the past month, go figure!

Stay safe and healthy!

current quarantine setup

And here's mine.

Like many of us who are church music guys, you may have, perhaps, had to quickly cobble together a home studio when the quarantine orders came down. Our church (including me) had no experience with video at all, and very suddenly we had to go from 0-to-60 in the space of a week -- so that we could present a worship service for our membership, who were now sequestered in their homes. Today was Week 5, and after several, um, "low fidelity" experiences we finally hit the mark today with a recording that looked good and sounded good.

But, since I can't go down to the church building to make a recording (where all my primary gear is permanently setup and installed), I had to literally use extra gear and parts that were lying around at home, or in the back of my car, to rig up a station where I could produce a simple weekly video for the worship service. It's just me playing, plus me and my daughter singing:

fW55mWw.jpg

I'd like to see more pics of improvised "ad hoc" spaces. :thu:

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73