Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DOES THIS HIT TOO CLOSE TO HOME?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... mixed bag at best.

I like stop signs, they make the roads safer.

There was a sign in Bellingham that I should have photographed, it's gone now.

A stop sign at an intersection. On the same pole, just underneath the stop sign was a "No stopping at any time" sign. Classic!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

About 10 or so years back on one of the routes from Austin to San Antonio, there was a U.S. Post Office along the highway in one of the small and very, very, very, conservative towns, where one of the letters had fallen off the big sign on the building, so it read:

U.S. PO T OFFICE

nat

Do you have those markers or dots every 6 feet at the grocery store? They call it "Social Distancing" over here....another type of sign.

Dan

Yes, printed with polite requests to comply.

I think they are useful.

The head of the photography department in college had a sign on his door. "The beatings will continue until Morale improves."

I've always enjoyed that one!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I've never been that into sines. I usually prefer cosines, or even better...tangents.

Don't make my brain hurt too much. My background using Fourier is restricted to sines. My tendency to go on tangents is probably why I didn't do as well as I should have in that class.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Whenever I drive by a sign that says, "END ROAD WORK" I honk my horn and yell, "I'M WITH YOU, BROTHER!!! END ROAD WORK! END ROAD WORK NOW!!!!"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'll never forget visiting a wildlife reserve in Uganda, many, many years ago where, as you got to the beginning of the park there was a large sign which read:

"ELEPHANTS HAVE RIGHT OF WAY"

As if you needed to be told!

Akai EWI 4000s, Yamaha VL70m, Yamaha AN1x, Casio PX560, Yamaha MU1000XG+PLGs-DX,AN,VL.

My favorite sign:

Speeding fines may double when workers present.

Who is going to present the speeding fine if it isn't a worker of some kind? A volunteer who isn't working?

There is plenty of room on millions of sings to put the word "are" between "workers" and "present" and it would actually say what the wanted it to say.

It seems to be more than a Florida thing as well. I guess we should add "Promote illiteracy" on the side of the road as well. ;)

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<