Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Just bought a NOS Neat Beecaster USB mic and a used CAD M90 large diaphragm tube condenser mic.

The CAD should be here tomorrow, the Beecaster next Monday.

Hoping the Beecaster and my 2014 MacBook Pro is a viable live streaming system, no reason it wouldn't be...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just bought an Behringer Oddysey.

had to read that a couple of times to make sure I was reading what I was reading.

I've had mine a couple of months now and love it. It's not perfect, but what you get for what it costs is well worth the price of admission.

:nopity:

My stimulus checks came in today, and I pulled the trigger on a new mixer. My Mackie 1202 VLZ has gotten VERY long in the tooth, with over 20 years of service near salt water. It served me quite well, but it's time to replace.

I'm getting a Yamaha MG10XU. Has 4 standard channels with one knob compressor, 3 stereo pairs, built in effects, and a USB port. Plus I'm getting a case for it.

Costing me less for the mixer, case, and 2 30' mic cables than if I'd done a direct replacement for the Mackie

The big consideration I had when deciding on the replacement was that I needed to have both 1/4 and XLR main outs. There were only a few small mixers that had both.

I'll have plenty of time to get used to it before gigging with it.

Hey, congrats on the new mixer! I wanted to work with a larger setup before reviewing it here, but I can tell you that it works well with my keyboards, guitar setup (electric into a Joyo amp sim pedal), and computer audio. Gain staging well is important to get the most out of it imo. The usb output is rather low (intentional on Yamaha"s part to avoid clipping) and is not adjustable on the board, but the usb input (channels 9/10 selectable) works great. Good latency with proper drivers on windows, or as is on Mac and iOS. It also works with the camera app in stereo, if you want to record a quick video with good audio. The effects are pretty decent, and the overall build quality is fine. I"ve had better but not at this price point and size. Not worried about anything breaking. A fun feature is being able to use a footswitch to turn the effects on and off.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

By the way, which case are you getting? I don"t have one yet.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

My new mixer, a Yamaha MG10XU, came in today, and I wonder how I got by without it for so long.

I've had an issue where I don't particularly like the AP sounds from my SK-2. It sounds way to compressed. But, through the Yamaha, it has a better tone.

Of course, I'm just running through the speakers on my Samsung 32" TV.

I connected the USB, ran the driver install, and it's working flawlessly I've basically retired my M-Track

I just need to locate a footswitch for the Effects on/off, but I'm sure I have one somewhere.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

My stimulus checks came in today, and I pulled the trigger on a new mixer. My Mackie 1202 VLZ has gotten VERY long in the tooth, with over 20 years of service near salt water. It served me quite well, but it's time to replace.

I'm getting a Yamaha MG10XU. Has 4 standard channels with one knob compressor, 3 stereo pairs, built in effects, and a USB port. Plus I'm getting a case for it.

Costing me less for the mixer, case, and 2 30' mic cables than if I'd done a direct replacement for the Mackie

The big consideration I had when deciding on the replacement was that I needed to have both 1/4 and XLR main outs. There were only a few small mixers that had both.

I'll have plenty of time to get used to it before gigging with it.

Hey, congrats on the new mixer! I wanted to work with a larger setup before reviewing it here, but I can tell you that it works well with my keyboards, guitar setup (electric into a Joyo amp sim pedal), and computer audio. Gain staging well is important to get the most out of it imo. The usb output is rather low (intentional on Yamaha"s part to avoid clipping) and is not adjustable on the board, but the usb input (channels 9/10 selectable) works great. Good latency with proper drivers on windows, or as is on Mac and iOS. It also works with the camera app in stereo, if you want to record a quick video with good audio. The effects are pretty decent, and the overall build quality is fine. I"ve had better but not at this price point and size. Not worried about anything breaking. A fun feature is being able to use a footswitch to turn the effects on and off.

Thanks

The USB output on this one is fine. I have 9/10 set to USB. Plenty of volume FROM the DAW. Looking at the meters on the DAW, I can see where it could stand to be a bit hotter, but if everything is recorded at that level, it really won't make that much difference.

I'm running a PC with a 3GHz processor, 8GB ram, and a 2 TB HD. I am VERY conscious of latency. I had a setup where I used a Korg N364 connected to a Hammond XB-2 direct using a 6 foot MIDI cable, and I could hear the latency there.

Not noticing latency here.

One of the features that sold me on it was the main outs being both 1/4 and XLR. In one band, I run mono into my QSC K10, and use 1/4 out. In the other I run stereo, and run a pair of XLR cables to my Mackie Thumps. Better flexibility.

I can hardly wait to get it on stage running my boards stereo. I almost decided to save some money and NOT get the XU, but ultimately, my better judgement (and the bundle deal) won out.

The case is a GatorGMixer1212 - list price $61.99

And the 2 mic cables that came with it are 30', come with a limited lifetime warranty, and run around $34 each.

All in all, a worthy replacement for my ancient Mackie 1202 VLZ

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Instrument wise, picked up an AN1X a little over a month ago. Instrument related wise, lots of bits and bobs to rehab older gear with new diplays, USB drive replacements and that sort of stuff given all this stay of stay at home time.

The significant addition that recently arrived was this 90's vintage Mac serial to PC parallel converter (NIB on eBay, go figure...) to complete a synth patch programming rig:

s8vwsXK.jpg

Manny

People assume timbre is a strict progression of input to harmonics, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timbrally-wimbrally... stuff

DS61. As agent 86 says, "And Loving It!" I'm not a particularly competent pianist so the short travel synth keys are not an issue. Theyre actually better for organ so it's a plus.

Speaking of organ, Sweetwater includes tweaked organ presets from their own Daniel Fisher. They're not B3x but they are way better than I was expecting from a Roland board.

Im ready to be stuck inside for awhile longer now. If I was a kid learning keys in my bedroom, I'd only come out for dinner anyways.

FunMachine.

ManyCam software subscription; the basic one that supports one computer and up to four camera devices (including my iMac FT camera). It's a real lifesaver for the remote teaching I've been doing these past six weeks; and it's far cheaper than buying a hardware routing/switching device.

Though the free version will support two cameras - which is what I'm using currently - there were limits, which affected my work. I use the FaceTime camera and a simple Logitech USB camera (on a tripod, behind me). I have a USB feed already run for the 3rd camera, but finding a basic USB camera is all but impossible right now; I believe the affordable ones are all back-ordered to mid-June. So I'm currently trying to revive a phone from 2013 for use as the 3rd camera; the ManyCam sources allow for WiFi connection.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Subsequent 37 ordered today, be here in a week. In the last 4 months I've bought and returned a Roland Jupiter Xm, Fantom 6, and Korg Prologue 16. Still searching for something that will inspire me like a real instrument. In going with the Subsequent, I've consciously traded utility for inspiration.

Not the decisive factor, but I also wanted to support the American economy. Came down to the Subsequent or an SC Pro 3.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64