Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

View From Our Window (Fogo Island, Newfoundland)

camperbc

I recently joined this fine forum, as I have just returned to playing after a decades-long hiatus, (have just bought a new digital piano) and a kind member who had just visited my Newfoundland nature/landscape photography website pointed me to "The Big Picture".

So I'd like to post a few images here... all of these photographs were captured right from our shoreline directly in front of our oceanfront home on Fogo Island, (situated a one-hour ferry ride off the north coast of Newfoundland, Canada) to give you an idea of what life is like in our neck of the woods. We never tire of this stunning view right from our living room window!

PS: clicking on each photo will take you to the hosting site for a larger, clearer image.

DSC00125a-1280x1280-01.jpg

DSC03072-2-ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg

Island-Harbour-Sunset-1024-1280x1280.jpg

DSC05199b2500-1280x1280-01.jpg

Yesterday-s-Short-Hike.jpg

Island-View-1024x1024.jpg

Glen

www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really cool. and I don't know why, but I don't often get to see photos of Newfoundland, weird considering how beautiful it is.

For me, I find the fourth photo, with the iceberg floating just past all the greenery, to be particularly unusual looking. Thanks!

That's really cool. and I don't know why, but I don't often get to see photos of Newfoundland, weird considering how beautiful it is. For me, I find the fourth photo, with the iceberg floating just past all the greenery, to be particularly unusual looking. Thanks!

Thanks KenElevenShadows, I snapped that iceberg photo from my (dirty) bedroom window one day when I was unable to get outdoors due to my ongoing spinal difficulties. The picture doesn't do this iceberg justice, as it's difficult to get a real grasp of it's immense proportions. I estimate that it towered about 120 ft out of the water... and it's worth noting that 90% of an iceberg remains below the waterline. It's kinda weird how it can be a scorching 30+© outside, and yet we look out our window and see these enormous chunks of ice. And best of all, they act as nature's own air conditioners... you can actually feel the chill emanating from them while we're sitting on our patio. We never tire of these majestic beauties, which we see regularly in our neck of the woods from April through July most years. Here's a few more for you...

DSC03092-2-ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg

DSC03129ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg

DSC03737a1500-1280x1280.jpg

DSC05137b2500-1280x1280.jpg

DSC05162b2500-1280x1280.jpg

DSC03088-2-ascreen2-1280x1280.jpg

Glen

www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

I recently joined this fine forum, as I have just returned to playing after a decades-long hiatus, (have just bought a new digital piano) and a kind member who had just visited my Newfoundland nature/landscape photography website pointed me to "The Big Picture".

:wave:

I'm called many things, but not often kind. Thanks. You made my day. :)

:nopity:

That's really cool. and I don't know why, but I don't often get to see photos of Newfoundland, weird considering how beautiful it is. For me, I find the fourth photo, with the iceberg floating just past all the greenery, to be particularly unusual looking. Thanks!

Thanks KenElevenShadows, I snapped that iceberg photo from my (dirty) bedroom window one day when I was unable to get outdoors due to my ongoing spinal difficulties. The picture doesn't do this iceberg justice, as it's difficult to get a real grasp of it's immense proportions. I estimate that it towered about 120 ft out of the water... and it's worth noting that 90% of an iceberg remains below the waterline. It's kinda weird how it can be a scorching 30+© outside, and yet we look out our window and see these enormous chunks of ice. And best of all, they act as nature's own air conditioners... you can actually feel the chill emanating from them while we're sitting on our patio. We never tire of these majestic beauties, which we see regularly in our neck of the woods from April through July most years. Here's a few more for you...

Very cool. The only time I think I have seen icebergs have been a long time ago when I was a kid in Alaska and in the south part of Iceland. They are magnificent, and yes, it is very difficult to convey the scale. I photographed one of the glaciers with a tugboat in the foreground, and the tugboat was this tiny little thing that took people several seconds to notice sometimes.

• 3 months later...