Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Happy Hour/WWKCFH?

I had a clash with my eco sensitivity at 24:00 Dutch time, because I had set up a decent phone cam as a wireless webcam, re-encoded on the computer, but at midnight, the wireless part of the Adsl modem is switched off every day, so suddenly my HD image froze.

My audio setup was improvised after a long day of searching out some stuff about Linux Zoom/YT broadcast via Obc and virtual devices, so I have embellished the initial test at the beginning with poring mixer prepared Lexicon effect over the whole mix instead of only my own, to help with digital signal reconstruction.

It is kind of exciting technology to easily connect all over the globe, with overseeable delay, apparently!

TV

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours? OK, so how much beer did Tom drink in 4 hours?

I would gladly have cracked one or two open, but I've learned that when I drink during the day with my kids around, the sheen disappears pretty quickly.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

It was a joy to get to put so many faces and voices to names, and especially fun for me to see that people kept at it for another two hours after I had to split. I really appreciate the sense of community right now. Glad I could help make this meetup happen in a small way.

Thanks for setting it up and moderating, Sam! You helped make it happen in a big way. :2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've now seen parts of Dan that no man should ever see.

:ohmy:

Yeah... That upskirt thing was a bit disconcerting. Dan certainly has the toys. But David Bryce! Man, he's taken over his whole house with keyboards in every room! The tour was just what I expected though. He should repurpose his home as a museum and charge admission, methinks.

OK... I'm ready for round two. BluesKeys - please wear pants next time!

ITGITC? :cool:

Tommy, If you keep this up I will start singing the famous Hot Nuts Song!!!

Joe, thanks for making this happen, I saw a lot of new faces from all over the globe. It was nice to put them with the names!

DB what a wonderful world you reside over!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

DB what a wonderful world you reside over!!!

I've said it before and I hope I'll get plenty of chances to say it again: it's the people who choose to spend their precious time here that make it such an enjoyable hang. The Zoom thing yesterday was a perfect illustration of that - the two hours I was there went by way too quickly, and I was sorry to have had to jump. We should definitely do that again soon.

I consider myself fortunate to have the opportunity to help keep the lights on. Thank you, guys... :cheers:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Oops.....guess I have arrived a bit too late..... really gutted that I missed it. :idk:(...suitable penalty for not visiting the forum as regularly as I should....) Excellent idea Joe - and it sounds like you all had a great time! it was great seeing the pix and putting faces to some of the names. If you plan holding another one at some point (which does not occur during the nether parts of the UK night), please count me in. It would be great to virtually meet everybody. I may even have a pot pie for dinner that night..... :D
"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

There was something about hearing and seeing it all live in person that took KC to another level. For those of you who couldn't make this one, it felt like a total cool hang, tons of great stories and snippets, and mix in a few master class sessions! For example, there was a bit of riffing on heavy handed playing, "GOT to make it BOUNCE!"

Suggestion: do this every month, or even every week! (this is free yes?) Keep it going, you could even do themes. Could redux the great KC threads in person, like the worst (or best) gigs ever, would be great to hear it live :-)

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

There was something about hearing and seeing it all live in person that took KC to another level.
Those of us who've gotten together for the NAMM dinners and regional hangouts know that only too well. :keynana:

dB

I cannot vouch for this enough - one of the best dinners I've ever had and I hope lots of other people get to experience it in the future!