Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Universal expression pedal?

I'm looking for an expression pedal capable working with all keyboard brands, particularly Kurzweil, Yamaha and Korg.

Plus work with guitar effect units(amp modelers to be precise), like Line 6 Helix Stomp, and HeadRush Gigboard.

Also capable to connect to computer directly for VST control, Trough USB, or a MIDI input of an audio inteface.

It should has a MIDI output, USB output, and PL jack.

I doubt there is such a thing, especially something capable to work with those keyboards\amp modelers not through MIDI output but with the regular PL jack, but I'm trying anyway.

A solution Instead of collecting expression pedal for every unit I have\I'll have in the future, is what I'm yearning for.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of a single piece.

I use the Moog EP3 (About $40) which is universal for the following applications via TRS 1/4" cable.

I'm looking for an expression pedal capable working with all keyboard brands, particularly Kurzweil, Yamaha and Korg.

Plus work with guitar effect units(amp modelers to be precise), like Line 6 Helix Stomp, and HeadRush Gigboard.

The EP3 has a selector switch on the bottom and a range control dialog the side.

I also have a Logidy UMI3 which can translate a TRS 1/4" cable from an expression pedal and convert to USB/MIDI.

Also capable to connect to computer directly for VST control, Trough USB, or a MIDI input of an audio inteface.

So should unicorns.

It should has a MIDI output, USB output, and PL jack.

837.jpg.ac8719e54cf39504410428f0ac1ace78.jpg

838.jpg.7396174e6eac56d58860da09c3c2cb89.jpg

The near-insoluble problem is that different keyboard manufacturers are looking for different resistance ranges, e.g., 50K Ohms for Kurzweil, 10K for Roland, 1 MegOhm for Yamaha (all numbers made up, but the principal holds). Throw in linear versus logarithmic control curves, and you have a pretty big mess.

Oooh, I just came up with an analogy: find a headlight assembly that fits all American, German, and Japanese cars.

Frankly, I'd be happy with a stereo volume pedal that used a photoresistor (or two) instead of a potentiometer.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361