Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Happy Hour/WWKCFH?

My daughter's just been using my laptop for her dance classes using zoom. Haven't had to install anything special, just click the link and it opens in the browser.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to be an apology for this first catch-up sadly :( Hope it's a great time!
No worries David... assuming all goes well, we can schedule another that's a little more tailored to your time zone in the near future!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Lots of fun seeing faces with names. Shoutout to Joe Muscara for locating the music store bearing his surname.

Looking forward to next month.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Well that was a lot of fun - thanks to Joe getting the momentum for this started and Samuel for putting the nuts and bolts together.

Was very cool to put some faces to names and get to hear you tell your stories. Hope we can do it again soon!

Cheers,

Paul

Very fun. Surprised how welt that worked. Best soundbite for me was when Theo said something like "I could speak dutch, but then no one would understand me."

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Wotta blast! Thanks, everyone for the virtual hang. When do you want to do the next one? http://blue-funk.com/NonBandPictures/smileys/beer.gif

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks everybody for setting this up and being there. I really liked seeing everyone. There's a lot of white hair (or little hair) and some white beards (I'm one of them). Sorry I had to cut out after a while. I had another meet up, and now just got out of another Zoom meeting. I'd love to do it again.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Here's some of what the rest of you missed. We had a great crowd! The whole thing lasted about four hours. I had no idea it would go that long, but I should have known. :) Some guys left and were surprised to find us still there when they came back! :laugh:

835.thumb.jpg.0c73ea15015580f9eb00d3656b0a944f.jpg

836.thumb.jpg.240902b3741dddb8e70625045f3c6722.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm sorry that I had to leave early, but it was 1am in Italy and I was tired and starving... to have dinner so late at night was fun, though, and I even considered to rejoin for a while afterwards, but I thought there was no chance you were still there. Seems I was wrong... four hours? I wonder what I've missed! Did you play any music?

Btw it's been great to see so many members behind the forum moniker, and to say hi to some old friends.

I hope for some kind of celebration for the 20th anniversary of the Keyboard Corner in a few months... and hopefully, we will be free to go out by then!

But in the meantime, other KC hangs would be very welcome! :)

Here's some of what the rest of you missed. We had a great crowd! The whole thing lasted about four hours. I had no idea it would go that long, but I should have known. :) Some guys left and were surprised to find us still there when they came back! :laugh:

Great pics Joe - so glad it was a good time

I've now seen parts of Dan that no man should ever see.

:ohmy:

Yeah... That upskirt thing was a bit disconcerting. Dan certainly has the toys. But David Bryce! Man, he's taken over his whole house with keyboards in every room! The tour was just what I expected though. He should repurpose his home as a museum and charge admission, methinks.

OK... I'm ready for round two. BluesKeys - please wear pants next time!

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

For those that didn't attend, I'm sorry you missed when Uli announced he was buying Kurzweil and moving them to Scotland.

Oh crap, I forgot about the nondisclosure agreement.

Point of order: am I allowed to outright lie on the forum, as long as I don't talk about politics?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

It was a joy to get to put so many faces and voices to names, and especially fun for me to see that people kept at it for another two hours after I had to split. I really appreciate the sense of community right now. Glad I could help make this meetup happen in a small way.

839.thumb.jpg.672d209af5b66dd3a9d671336b0e1832.jpg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.