Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Song/Video/Stream Launch Strategy

Curious of opinions.

Back story: Have a CD out and most gigs have just been playing the CD live. We started working on the next CD and with one song down we've played it several times live. 2nd song down but not played live yet, and neither released.

OK so we had a gig May 2nd now cancelled where we were gonna release the latest song and play it live. Like many we considered a Live Stream on May 2 in place of the gig , but just do the new songs that aren't on the released CD....so the song we've been playing live but wasn't recorded, and then the song nobody has heard. We sort of scrapped that in favor of more of a focus on the newest song that nobody has heard. Next migration was a decision to make the newest song into a video (rather than play during livestream....live) because it just so happens to fit the current situation, even though we wrote it before all this. So we made a video full of imagery of the current situation that I think is fabulous.

So here comes the question. Our bass player has access at his work to a studio (and by that I mean audio/video like where you would shoot a commercial or something) that we can access after hours using staff so that we would be able to stream a "Behind the Music" using dedicated sound, video and lighting guys. This was all planned for May 2. But video and audio is all done, so I asked if we could do it sooner. That was naïve on my part because it's a business and they are locked down through April 30 AT LEAST. Ok, didn't think of that....makes sense. But now they are tossing the idea of just posting the video online for people to digest and promote a May 2 "Behind the music" for anybody who wants to ask questions via live stream and we could solo tracks on the live stream and dig into anything anybody wanted. Do people care? What do you think? Better to get it out sooner or focus on a replacement of the may 2 date we had promoted? odd times.

Side Note: I'm itching and ripping at the seams wanting to share our latest stuff on here but I can't until I get the thumbs up from the powers that be in the band!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic