Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Extra geeky studio tour (hella synths inside)
#3037964 04/10/20 02:01 AM
4x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
OP Offline
4x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
There's a friend of mine - an amazing musician, mixer and producer from Italy who currently lives in the Los Angeles area that I'd really like for you guys to meet, if you don't already know about him. His name's Michele Canova (@kaneepa) and to say he's a synthesizer geek is a bit of an understatement. grin

His studio is directly across the hall from Dave Pensado's room. You will be simply amazed at how much killer gear is in there...and how ingeniously placed, routed and controlled all of it is.

Be warned - this is a master level synth lover's paradise. 2thu

Quick note about the video: Michele keeps the lighting in the studio pretty low, and with all the colored lights, blinky things and computer monitors, my little Zoom camera (yeah, I know...get a better camera, dude) did not have an easy time. I had a tech go through and clean it up as much as possible...but please do be warned in advance that the video quality could be...better. rolleyes facepalm

If you want to check out his discography, you can find it here

Enjoy!

dB

1 member likes this: robmok
Re: Extra geeky studio tour (hella synths inside)
Dave Bryce #3038184 04/10/20 10:27 PM
Platinum Member
Online Content
Platinum Member
I like the banjo!

LOL...

The whole thing is overwhelming, crazy cool. I thought I maybe had a few too many guitars but not even close.
This is like a glorious disease!!!!!

Be fun to pile 10 players in there. Everybody draws straws and finds out which finger/thumb they are allowed to use on the keybaord. The other hand is for knob twisting only.

Last edited by KuruPrionz; 04/11/20 04:46 AM. Reason: Added stuffs.

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
Dave Bryce #3039683 04/20/20 05:39 AM
N
N
I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing. I just installed my first patch panel and now can route out to the modular, guitar pedals, etc from the DAW or any synth.... I appreciated the thought he put into his patching/routing/normaling. That is the "workflow" of a studio, and greatly affects ease of use.

Dave Bryce #3040020 04/21/20 10:38 PM
N
N
This was also very useful to learn about the Innerclock Systems method for synchronization. Worth the time to learn about that.

Moderated by  dr walker 

Link Copied to Clipboard