Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How Are You Using Your Downtime?
Sharkman #3040583 04/25/20 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Sharkman
A lot of musicians also have great cooking skills because creating a great meal is like creating a great song. You don't just take one thing and say there, I'm done. You create a foundation, and then you add to it, regardless if it's an overdub or a spice. And hopefully the end result is something that you're proud to share with others.

Yes, and timing is also essential.

I love to cook. Knowing how to prepare and time the cooking is an Art and a Science. If I cut into the correct thicknesses, I can saute ginger root and garlic simultaneously and they are both done at the same time.
Gottta cut the ginger root smaller or the garlic cooks sooner.

Little details but they matter.

My homemade habenaro-ginger-mango sauce tastes WAY better if you let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. A taste of the freshly cooked batch is a bit too hot and has some harsh overtones. Just letting it sit and cool makes it much smoother and richer tasting. Why? I dunno, it just works.

Same as some of my guitar licks!!!! Cheers, Kuru

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
GP Island
GuardiansGuitar #3040634 04/25/20 10:34 PM
We weren't very good at cooking before this, we ate out a lot. We did get an outdoor grill for Christmas and Michael is becoming a grill master and I'm getting the rice, noodles and veggies down. We still get restaurant food, usually pizza, a few times a week, usually delivery.
I still get my running in almost every day. The gym is closed, so have make do the best I can. Our beaches are closed but we can still surf. Get in, get out and leave, no lingering. Everyone is following the rules, we know what will happen if we don't.

Jenny S.
GuardiansGuitar #3040659 04/26/20 01:34 AM
P
10k Club
10k Club
P
I downloaded and installed Presonus Studio One and Toontrack EZ Drummer today. I intend to work with the tutorials and learn how to record my tunes. Sitting on my cakes and watching TV is getting old.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard