Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Happy Hour/WWKCFH?

Well, sure, but how's Tom gonna bring the beer? :hitt:

Well, if it's BYOB can you put on your bunny hug and pull me a Great Western Pilsner from the LBS?

:laugh:

HoLord! How am I agonna bring da BEER to you space cadets who are SUPPOSED to be social distancing (which you should have been doing all along - since your breath smells like ripe dogbutt!?) (Dammit Spock! McCoy's' the doctor on board this ship. Let HIM figure it out!!)

How is everybody doing? I hope you're hanging in there.

I think I would enjoy seeing you guys on Zoom. Ummmm... not ALL of you because some of you remind me of a few of my dates in college that I was inadvertently introduced to around closing time at the bar. (Funny how deceptively beautiful womens can be at that time of night!)

Joe - if you're putting this together, kindly send me a message or something. If I'm appropriately dressed (wearing pants and such), I'll see you there!

Stay safe my friends!

Is There Gas in the Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Friday the 10th (tomorrow) at 4 PM central, that"s 5 eastern, 2 pacific and god-knows-when Down Under.

Samuel, can you set it up on Zoom?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I should be free by then.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

If Samuel doesn"t set us up, I"ll try to carefully throw it together on Zoom. Watch this space for more info.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I got you all set up! Here's the info. If you haven't used Zoom before, it should prompt you to download the app when you click/tap the link, but you may want to try doing that ahead of time. If anyone's really lost, teaching people how to use this app has been the majority of my last three weeks...

Here's the join link: Clonk.

You will need to enter a password. The meeting password is "NordLead" (one word), but instead of the letter O, it's the numeral zero. Got it? Just trying to make it harder for trolls to jump on in, without me having to manually authenticate every single participant as they join... if we have any issues, though, I will switch gears and do that.

You can also join from the app using the meeting ID 140-112-837. Same password.

I did set the meeting up as "join before host," so you won't all have to wait for me to start the party. The meeting will become active a little bit before start time -- again, just keeping randos from stumbling on this link and wandering in there.

Let me know if you have questions! Looking forward to this!

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Thanks, Samuel!

I"m looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

How about Friday the 10th (tomorrow) at 4 PM central, that"s 5 eastern, 2 pacific and god-knows-when Down Under.

That's 7am here - the humanity!! :D

Might I recommend a Bloody Mary? I had a particularly good one made with Bakon Vodka and a strip of bacon in the glass. Breakfast of champions!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Might I recommend a Bloody Mary? I had a particularly good one made with Bakon Vodka and a strip of bacon in the glass. Breakfast of champions!

I can see a hot cross bun, washed down with a champagne and orange in my near future.

Actually, I'm glad we are catching you guys in the Deep Deep DEEP South during daytime hours and not 3 or 4 am!

Looks like fun.

On Wednesday I talked with two brothers, one in another county and one on another continent. (Latency was something like 200 ms, amazing!)

On Thursday I had a "reunion" with college singing group -- of 42 years ago. 13 at one time, pretty good.

So obviously I will need to round out my week.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

2 pm Left Coast time. I'll try to be there. I may be a little late.

I've had a lot of Zoom meetings lately - work, nonprofit board of directors, activist groups, a monthly poker group which became trivial pursuit because we couldn't figure out how to play poker as a group online. My son and his friends do it using a poker app on their phones at the same they do a Zoom conference so they can talk to each other.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

I gave up on a normal sleep pattern a long time ago. I sleep when the perfect intersection of brain inactivity and work inactivity happen to meet.

Dan

OK. I just tested this link/password. I'm set up and ready to join the fun.

I look forward to partying with you goobers today - everybody needs to have a top-shelf beverage of choice in their hand or you will be duly chastised. :laugh:

Take care!

Tom

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

If any of you kids want to spend the day doing this in prep for our chat, I won't be offended, I'll LOL instead. :thu:

i think I got it. I downloaded the app, voice, speaker and video all work. So maybe I will figure it out!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com