Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It�s the end of the world as we know it

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the end of the world, it's the end of a current way of living. What so tragic is the human and economic casualties that result.

But for a historical perspective, previous crises often led to some changes that were beneficial. 2008 led to modest banking reforms. The gas crisis/recession of the 70s led to more fuel-efficient cars, which also improved the environment, and also gave the incentive to start research into electric cars. The cholera pandemic of the late 1800s led to the discovery that the contagion was often spread through the water supply, not direct exposure to filth, and that cleaner water was vital to public health. After the great depression, the FDIC was established, as was Social Security. (Although it's important to remember social security isn't free money from the government, it's merely a way for people to put money into a system that they can later withdraw when they need it the most.)

There will no doubt be changes due to what's happening now, which unfortunately, has not played out yet to its ultimate negative outcome. Although there will be suffering and death, there have always been periods of time in history when things just plain sucked, as well as great progress. I'd prefer to live during the periods of great progress, but cycles are a law of nature that cannot be circumvented.

We can take comfort that humanity does always end up on the other side...eventually. At least this time, so far it's a war with a virus, not other humans.

Gentle reminder that the 'good old days' never truly existed. Far worse things have happened in the past than this virus.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Yes, i know it"s not the end of the world!

We will know it is the end of the world because all that will be left alive are catfish, opossums, cockroaches and those weird thingies in the bottom of the ocean that live off of the emissions from volcanic crevices.

That's how we will be able to tell... oh... wait... uhhh...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Yes, i know it"s not the end of the world!

We will know it is the end of the world because all that will be left alive are catfish, opossums, cockroaches and those weird thingies in the bottom of the ocean that live off of the emissions from volcanic crevices.

And of course, Cher's career.

I don't know what Craig's policies are about politics in this particular forum, but it's probably best if that stops right here. I say that as a fellow forumite, and not as a moderator. :cop:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

For the record, I did delete some posts. The rules here are the same as for all the forums: no politics or religion, even if there's humor involved.

There are two exceptions in SSS:

1. Debates about political legislation that concern the music industry, copyrights, taxation and self-employment, etc. are not only welcome, but encouraged. However they must deal solely with the merits of the legislation, and not involve partisanship.

2. Whether you're talking about Bach or John Coltrane, religion and spirituality have figured prominently in the arts. In some discussions, it may be necessary to reference a particular religious attribute, such as the motivation behind a compositional process. But there must be no attaching of value judgements, pro or con, to religion, and certainly, no proselytizing.

Thanks, Craig! Now that I'm sure, if I see anything, I'll report it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Don't worry Paul, it was good click bait.

Don't forget to check out my YouTube video, "7 Pro Tips You MUST KNOW About Compression, or Your Dog Will Die!!"

These recording engineers in your city started recording with an off-brand compressor. You won't believe what happened next.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.